- Vident Investment Advisory, LLC (VIA) is looking for a Senior ETF Portfolio Manager to join our team in either Morristown, NJ or Alpharetta, GA. This position will be temporarily teleworking eligible. The Senior ETF Portfolio Manager reports to the President of VIA and also works closely with its dynamic trading and portfolio management teams in dual locations.
- VIA was founded in 2014 and serves as a trusted partner to approximately $4.8 Billion of ETFs, UCITS, and separately managed accounts for multiple trusts, custodians and asset managers (as of 5/31/2020). VIA is engaged in the unique niche of ETF sub-advisory services as well as other portfolio management services. Capabilities that enable our partnering firms to launch and execute on passively managed ETF fund strategies as well as actively managed strategies covering traditional and alternative asset classes are offered. Our portfolio management coverage spans the global and domestic equities, fixed income, currency, commodity, and alternatives markets including strategies involving derivative instruments such as futures and options. Our expertise in the ETF asset management landscape comes from managing ETFs for a variety of sponsors and styles.
- VIA has established relationships that include major service providers, global banks, and brokerage institutions. Our commitment to investments in systems and operational innovation allows for scalability. We proactively adopt a best practices approach to ensure that our clients are receiving customized services for their unique needs.
- Vident Financial, LLC (Vident) is the parent of VIA and was founded in 2013. Vident grew from a Principles-Based philosophy using advanced global quantitative methodologies in the construction, management and research of our proprietary investment solutions. Vident follows an investment decision-making framework that combines quantitative principles, rigorous global research, and an in-depth evaluation of risk dynamics. Vident’s corporate values of WIISER – Wisdom, Integrity, Innovation, Stewardship, Excellence and Respect frame how we operate our business.
- The Senior ETF Portfolio Manager will be primarily responsible for the implementation, execution, and oversight of ETF portfolios. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of index portfolio management, particularly within an ETF structure, as well as portfolio compliance
- Extensive experience in multiple asset classes is required, particularly fixed income and/or commodities; experience managing international equities preferred. Additionally, the successful candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of ETF mechanics
- The position requires use of various reporting tools and systems in pursuit of ensuring portfolios effectively track relevant indices
- The candidate will also be responsible for using a systematic approach to data, technology, and processes to ensure portfolios can be implemented efficiently with a high level of accuracy to fund objectives and guidelines
- The position requires collaboration in a team environment and successfully working with multiple ETF service providers and bank counterparties
- Manage assigned portfolios to meet or exceed performance standards consistent with fund investment objectives while adhering to client-specified and regulatory requirements
- Proactively maximize shareholder value through trading strategies, corporate action elections, tax mitigation strategies and/or other ad-hoc opportunities
- Accurately interpret and implement relevant index methodology, including rebalancing
- Ensure prudent risk management with carefully developed investment and operational processes
- Maintain current knowledge of all regulatory requirements and ensure portfolios remain compliant
- Apply quantitative techniques and models, coupled with a strong understanding of ETF management and index construction, to portfolio management
- Utilize multi-asset management experience to accurately monitor and trade portfolios across a variety of asset classes with best practice approach to trade execution
- Attribute fund performance and understand and minimize sources of portfolio risk relative to the benchmark
- Proactively contribute to overall systems/investment process enhancements
- Ability to build relationships and work with internal and external colleagues to get new initiatives executed and deliver superior client experience
- Assist management in portfolio oversight utilizing exception reporting and leverage internal reporting for issue resolution and interpretation
- Mentor other portfolio managers and assist in their growth and contribution to the investment team
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge of ETFs and global markets and currency trading
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Bloomberg AIM and portfolio management systems
- Excellent Excel knowledge and strong programming skills, including Python
- Experience implementing process improvements and project management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while producing high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to discreetly handle confidential data
- Ability to make independent judgments as well as take direction from others
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to organize and express thoughts clearly and concisely
- Strong organizational skills and proactive planning, ability to respond to urgent requests
- Aptitude and passion for learning new things quickly with a strong work ethic in a dynamic environment
- Track record of highly professional behavior and good industry reputation
- Align with Vident’s corporate values of: WIISER – Wisdom, Integrity, Innovation, Stewardship, Excellence and Respect
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or other relevant advanced certification preferred
- 7-10 or more years of ETF portfolio management experience across multiple asset classes required. Do not apply without proven ETF PM experience.
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation strongly preferred.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 7-10 Years