- Leading a team of Internal Wholesalers
- Hires, coaches, mentors, develops staff, and provides day-to-day supervision and performance management of the designated direct reports; including handling the requirements of the business (i.e. campaign management, internal partnerships, client service issues, time and activity management and effective alignment with all sales partners internally (i.e. Wholesalers & Sales Support))
- Executes strategic initiatives as defined by the Sales Management Team.
Performance Coaching and Leadership
- Coaching, development, and retention of direct reports on the team
- Manages goal-setting and supports employee career development
- Recommends, manages, and coordinates training and development programs, including on-boarding for both the overall direct report Inside Sales team and individual internal wholesalers as needed
- Manages performance and employee development. Implements an effective coaching and feedback model that supports the sales team-based selling model
- Address potential internal wholesaler direct report performance issues early and make improvement/personnel recommendations as required
- Motivates the team and works in partnership with National Sales Manager to develop recognition standards for the team
- Provides strong leadership to the team to ensure a motivational environment exists that represents Manulife’s core values in order to develop staff loyalty, retention, opportunities for education, advancement, and development
- Conducts appraisal discussions, Individual Development Planning meetings/discussions, quarterly and monthly one-on-on meetings, executes on promotion and motivational advancements, handles disciplinary issues and individual development opportunities with Wholesaler feedback and direction/coaching/support from AVP, Inside Sales
- Coaching direct reports to sales process and improved performance
- Tracks and delivers bonus/merit for direct reports’ activity, call quality, sale results and Wholesaler partnership effectiveness, attendance, and client coverage/territory rotation
- Participate in direct report scorecard meetings as needed.
Achievement of Inside Sales Productivity Targets
- Accountable to Inside Sales direct reports to meet or exceed productivity targets set annually
- Results coaching which includes critical day to day mentoring, coaching and development efforts surrounding sales call effectiveness
- Prepare, review and present team activity, prospecting and Know Your Client reporting on a monthly basis
- Responsible for inside Sales direct reports achieving a pre-determined minimum number of new retail supporters, set annually
- Develop prospecting ideas/campaigns for internals to meet/exceed activity targets
- Accountable for Inside Sales direct reports to meet or exceed pre-determined Know Your Client annually
- Make recommendations on what resources are needed to remove obstacles and roadblocks that impede internals from successfully achieving their productivity goals
- Provides a forum to shares team “best practices” for processes and sales successes within and amongst the teams.
Managing the day-to-day work of the team
- Works closely with other Sales Leaders to establish team assignments
- Prepares appropriate backup coverage model for vacations, sick days, etc
- Ensures Manulife standards, processes, and practices are effectively shared and established between the team members
- Establishes and executes against Sales Management practices where appropriate (Team meetings, National Calls, World Class one-on-ones)
- Approves all matters associated with own assigned team, including:, territory travel, general attendance at National Sales Meetings, National Conferences, small territory events, and management of vacation/personal time away from the office
- Contributes, leads and participates in Inside Sales (all hands) meetings, Regional and National Sales team meetings, and Sales Management meetings as needed
- Directly responsible for leading effective team meetings for individually assigned team to highest standard while supporting activities aligned with the overall team’s strategic vision (i.e. common initiatives/campaigns).
Recruitment of Talent
- Developing and maintaining an external and internal pipeline for potential future Internal Wholesalers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Series 7, Series 63, 65, or 66 required. Series 24 strongly preferred (must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of sales experience preferably within the financial services industry with 3+ years of management experience preferred
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, including the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong time management, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly while applying creativity
- Ability to work in a changing fast paced high call volume environment, with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- This position is subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Pay-to-Play Rule 206(4)-5 regarding political contributions by investment advisors and their covered associates.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 5-7 Years