- Our Operations Analysts are responsible for managing the clearance, settlement, and reconciliation of trades and positions on behalf of trade desks across the firm
- Operations Analysts work closely with traders, finance, compliance, brokers and custodians, and firm customers to ensure timely settlement of trades, accuracy of books and records, and avoidance of unanticipated risk to both the firm and its customers
- Virtu is a fast paced meritocracy where employees are rewarded for their contributions to the firm.
- No finance knowledge is required. You’ll work across a variety of technologies and learn all the intricacies of trading operations for a global leading market marker – all while on the job.
- A stocked kitchen with breakfast and snacks, along with an all day barista bar.
- Close knit team environment with weekly Friday happy hours.
- 25 days of paid time off a year, unlimited sick leave and exceptional health insurance plan options.
- Opportunities for travel to international offices.
- This team also has the opportunity to work closely with software engineers to further automate and enhance robustness of the firm’s operations workflows and to enable trading and customer offerings in new markets and asset classes
- Operations Analysts not only become experts in the logistics and mechanics of trade clearance and settlement, but they also play a crucial role in the ability of the firm to conduct trading efficiently and safely, perform challenging and stimulating data analysis, and participate in the architecture of new systems and controls
- This is a great role for a candidate looking to start a career in the financial industry, or for a candidate already in the early stages of a career in this space who is looking for a more challenging role with greater responsibility.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent academic background. All majors welcome but ones with a quantitative lean preferred (computer science, math, sciences, economics and related fields).
- Experience supporting ETFs; knowledge and experience pricing, settling, clearing ETF’s is a strong plus.
- Strong ability to communicate information confidently and with agility to both clients and to colleagues internally.
- Some technical proficiency. SQL and Python are used by most Operations Analysts at Virtu to work more efficiently. Prior experience in these or other programming languages are preferred but not required.
- A “physicalizer”; a person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction or fanfare
- Highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team
- Team player: authentic, genuine person who is capable of working collective goals.
Source: for more information click here.