At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people,
and we are looking for an “ETF Sales Specialist” to join our ETF business in EMEA within International Advisory Services in Frankfurt.
- Franklin Templeton launched its first ETFs in Europe back in 2017 focusing on Smart Beta strategies initially but also looking at Active ETFs and plain-vanilla building blocks to give investors a panel of solutions depending on their objectives
- This is a new initiative for our business which is deeply committed to make it a success
- This is a newly created position, focuses on leveraging our existing relationships at Franklin to sell our ETF proposition but also to identify pure ETF buyers
- The ETF Sales Specialist will work very closely with the existing Sales Team on the ground in Germany and will report into the Head of ETF Distribution EMEA.
- Being the ambassador of our ETF business in Germany and Austria and other German speaking territories
- Defining initial target segment and prospects working closely with the existing Sales Team
- Building strong relationships with the existing Sales Teams in the Frankfurt office ensuring smooth communication about any aspect of our ETF business
- Initiating and managing relationships with prospects and relevant segment intermediaries in conjunction with the existing Sales Teams
- Hosting and attending meetings with prospects and supporting the management of all aspects of opportunity and prospect qualification process with the existing Sales Teams
- Maintaining and ensuring a high degree of accuracy of prospect information and sales activity on the CRM system
- Defining which industry events and in-house ones would support the ETF initiative in your local market
- Attend and represent the firm at those chosen events
- Ensuring full compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that channels of communication are open between the various teams: products, sales, marketing, capital markets in the various geographies
- Build awareness around our ETF initiative both internally by training the existing team, and externally by building our profile with clients, journalists and at industry events
- Demonstrate initiative in the effort to develop and improve sales and marketing materials (i.e. pitch books, presentations and other sales materials).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree ideally within the field of Finance and/or economics or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years professional experience in the ETF field required
- Ideally CFA or equivalent qualification
- Strong understanding of the German financial market, preferably on the following segments (Asset Managers, Family Offices, Banks, Insurance Companies…)
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of consultative selling skills and an ability to work alongside existing Sales Teams
- Good working knowledge of the German investment industry and investment management techniques
- Excellent verbal and written German and English communication skills
- Desire and ability to network and leverage opportunities within market
- Ability to navigate complex organisations on multi levels/geographies and build internal networks
- Results focused and a self-starter
- Strong team player with the ability to use own initiative
We thrive in a dynamic culture and offer an opportunity for you to maximize your potential and we are committed to offering a competitive compensation package as well as exceptional benefits program.
Please forward your applications to Oliver@jobsinetfs.com
- Experience 5-7 Years