IHS Markit is a global leader in information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. Firm‘s company partners with clients in business, finance and government to help them see the big picture with unrivaled insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions.
- The Individual Will Be Part Of a Team That Creates Intellectual Capital For IHS Markit And Have Ownership And Responsibility Of The Index Design And Research Process
- IHS Markit is looking for an experienced professional to join the Index Research & Design team
- The role is to drive the development of new indices within Markit
- This client facing role will encompass the full lifecycle of index development and suit an individual who is highly analytical, creative and possesses an attention to detail.
- Development of new benchmark and tradable bond indices in conjunction with key index stakeholders
- Undertake analysis of markets and data collection, researching and developing new index methodologies
- Extensive modelling of index methodologies in order to produce index constituent list and weights, and to back-test results
- Attend client meetings and conference calls with salespeople to present the current thoughts and ideas of Markit Indices and to understand and manage client requirements
- Able to deliver complex projects involving sales, product specialist and implementation teams
- Write index specification and monthly research report around existing Markit Indices
- Develop calculation prototypes and test cases for new indices; perform test calculations and reconciliation of the results with clients
- Project management: being able to deliver complex projects involving sales, product specialist and implementation teams.
Skills and Qualifications:
Education And Experience
- A degree in a highly quantitative discipline such as economics, financial engineering or statistics
- In-depth knowledge of bonds, bond analytics or equities and equity derivatives and Excel modelling
- Experience in Excel modelling, SQL, Python, VBA or R is a plus
- Understand portfolio construction theory
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities and modelling
- Comfortable with standard index and index management approaches as well as more sophisticated constrained indices, sampling techniques, indices of indices, etc.
- A high degree of awareness of the financial/resource implications of index design decisions is required
- A good commercial sense around the P&L impact of new indices and index decisions
- A keen interest in the developments and trends within financial markets in areas such as fixed income, asset management and ETFs
- The individual needs to be detail oriented to build high quality, innovative products and possess the ability to understand business objectives and focus and prioritise multiple projects accordingly
- Highly motivated and eager to take the initiative and assume full responsibility for the delivery of projects
- Creative and being able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Intellectually curious, open minded and being able to solve complex problems logically
- Constant focus on product and process improvement
- Willing to collaborate with and support colleagues within the global Index Research and Design team and contribute regularly to group discussions
- Possess a high level of attention to detail, focusing on the quality of projects
- Critical for the candidate to present new ideas succinctly and clearly as well as drill into the technical details of index construction
- Needs to be articulate and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and business people with varying expertise
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other index and product specialists.
Source: for more information click here.