Your role and impact
In this role the person will be responsible for identifying and leading broad primary market trading ecosystem initiatives. The objective is to modernize and scale the creation and redemption process, creating a more flexible, transparent, and cost-effective trade workflow, whilst reducing risk to all participants. In creating strong external partnerships advocating for industry wide alignment in ETF trading as well as providing detailed insight from and connectivity with liquidity providers internally. To achieve this aim this person will also be responsible for partnering across the global iShares teams, sharing best practice and creating global process alignment. This person will also work closely alongside the iShares Global Markets Platform and Secondary teams, becoming an SME in primary trading and providing leadership and oversight to a team engaged in managing creation and redemption activity in a dynamic environment.
- Identify opportunities to reduce risk and/or scale the ETF primary market process and develop strategy to deliver.
- Identify global iShares best practices, leading initiatives that create alignment and scale across regions.
- Develop positive relationships with internal partners to identify initiatives and opportunities from across the firm.
- Provide leadership and business oversight to the US Global Markets team, developing talent and team strategy.
- Lead and oversee risk management activities in the primary market trading team, being a focal point for resolving time critical issues.
- Interface with development teams as well as Platform Design to provide business requirements
- 5+ years industry experience with an understanding of investment technology
- Leadership experience in managing a team with live operating risk and able to respond to operating events with urgency and precision.
- Knowledge of the pre and post trade architecture across asset class, with experience in tackling challenges in global markets.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, Aladdin and experience working closely with development teams would be helpful
- Able to own and drive multiple projects at once with organization that allows for a project delivery that prioritizes multiple stakeholders
- Risk management mentality, able to identify downstream implications and proactively call out vulnerabilities at design phase
- High degree of professional discretion, accountability, and judgment. Critical that person is adaptable, flexible and thrives in a team environment!
- Confirmed relationship-building abilities, particularly influencing, and listening to people across different functions and seniorities
Source: for more information click here