About this role
EII is looking for a Vice President to join the newly formed Sustainable Research team, reporting into the Global Head of Sustainable Research. This team is tasked with driving the research efforts aimed at the development of Sustainable Index Solutions (ETFs, Index Mutual Funds and Segregated Mandates).
The new joiner will help craft the long-term research pipeline across ESG integration, thematic and impact index products and contribute to executing the research agenda. S/he will also work across the BlackRock ecosystem, partnering with relevant teams across the firm on efforts to stay aligned on emerging ESG trends and issues.
This EII Sustainable Research team has a broad mandate: identifying key growth drivers (regulatory, societal, and client-driven) and developing plans to leverage them, enhancing the robustness of ESG and sustainable indexes, evaluating data availability, developing thought leadership and educational content, both of internal and external audience, all while collaborating closely with the relevant partner groups within EII and across BlackRock.
The new joiner will be expected to conduct original research, under the direction of the Global Head of Research, and help execute on the overall strategy for the team, with a focus on communicating the nuances of our research to other partners around the firm as well as externally. A combination of communication and analytical skills is a must. The successful candidate will possess a passion for creative and critical thinking about financial markets, and a desire to be part of a fast-growing team.
- This is a dynamic role in one of the fastest growing ETF categories, with the opportunity to help catalyse sustainable investing and define how investors can implement it in their portfolios.
- Contribute to the production of fact-based sustainable index research on a global basis which can help others across the organization articulate and progress our global sustainable product offering
- Help develop the index research infrastructure required to distil BlackRock’s IP into index solutions, by working with the rest of the Global Product function to prioritize data providers due diligence and onboarding
- Contribute to a weekly and monthly research report focused on developing insights for sales and strategists to share with clients to enable deep client engagement and assist others with having conversations with clients
- Engage with large Institutional index clients to develop index solutions that will facilitate the transition to ESG and Climate benchmarks
- Partner with BlackRock Sustainable Investing, EII Investment Strategy and relevant research groups to develop the thought leadership necessary to further establish BlackRock’s efforts in the Sustainable Finance space
- Drive engagements with index providers
- Contribute to EII initiatives relating to self-indexing of BlackRock’s IP in Sustainable Indexing
- Represent the firm externally to clients and industry working groups.
- 4+ years’ experience in the field of sustainable investing as a researcher or an investment analyst
- Good understanding of ESG, sustainability and climate related topics, spanning from global regulations to product development and data providers
- Understanding of financial markets, investment theories and asset valuations, preferably through investment experience
- Experience in the application of quantitative methods and analytic techniques in the analysis of financial data, especially through an ESG lens
- Investment and/or research background
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding interpersonal characteristics, reputation, and team orientation
- Ability to manage various stakeholders at all levels across the firm
- Proven track record operating in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think Globally while being aware of the needs of the regional businesses
- Sense of initiative and enthusiasm to join the fastest growing segment of the BlackRock’s business
Source: for more information click here.