Mackenzie Investments is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. Mackenzie’s heritage is one marked by innovation and thought leadership driven by expertise in asset management that creates financial success for investors.
- Portfolio Operations is a fast paced, deadline driven area responsible for the capture of essential information used to value mutual funds, ETFs and separately managed accounts
- Department functions include securities pricing, corporate actions, dividends, trade reporting, settlements, FX, cash projections, derivatives processing, securities lending, and custody reconciliation
- The incumbent’s role is supporting management in leading a team in rigorously executing critical daily processes encompassing post-trade processing and settlement, including derivatives and alternative investments, and collateral management, including identification and resolution of discrepancies.
- Implementing and monitoring of controls within the department to ensure accurate and timely processing of outbound and inbound trades, including allocation, confirmation, settlement, FX, and collateral
- Overseeing reconciliation of the accounting system, investment management system, counterparty, custodian, and client agent records
- Ensuring settlement instruction, counterparty, and client databases are up to date and complete
- Supporting specialist systems/processes for projections, modeling, and complex investment products
- Producing accurate and timely governance, management, regulatory, and client reporting
- Next level daily problem solving to ensure essential tasks are performed accurately and within critical deadlines
- Assisting in the design and maintenance of systems and processes, including identifying areas of improvement
- Acting as expert resource on markets, instruments, trading, settlements, and counterparties, as well as investment and trade communication systems
- Ensuring adherence to policies, procedures, and regulations
- Hiring and training of new staff while focusing on the continued development of current team members
- Representing Fund Services on projects and in relationships with clients and vendors, such as custodians and investment advisors, both internal and external.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Four to seven years experience in securities administration, with progressive leadership responsibility (experience with mutual funds, securities/investments, foreign currency translation and derivatives preferred)
- Post-secondary degree in business/commerce/finance/accounting, professional accounting designation or equivalent (CGA, CMA, CFA) is an asset
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course and Derivatives Fundamentals Course is required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft products such as Excel and Access
- Familiarity with professional systems such as Bloomberg, Omgeo, MPower, T-Recs, and SSCNet
- Programming/development and data management skills an asset
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to deal with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines
- High attention to detail coupled with proven decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
Source: for more information click here.