- Usually assigned to product areas with high-growth potential and has fully developed core expertise on industry trends, market segments and competitor services/offerings
- Develops ideas for new products. Ensures that risk, regulations, and market conditions are accounted for throughout the life-cycle of developed products
- Analyzes complex client requirements and develops solutions that may include more than one product
- Must understand the economics behind products and demonstrate business acumen
- Independently manages the development, enhancement, and profitability of assigned products and performs both operational and marketing analysis to ensure profitability and penetration goals are met
- Manages relationship with Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. to ensure different requirements are met during the new product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes
- Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment
- Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability
- Creates product management roadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and success metrics. Leads pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators
- Positions products for specific client segments, highlighting key benefits and competitive advantages
- Engages with Sales and relationship Management in supporting business sales
- Performs technical training, demonstration and develops user guides for clients while also preparing sales materials and training BNY Mellon professionals
- Guides junior product managers and directs and works with operations and systems managers during product implementation to ensure operating plan goals are met.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred
- Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred
- MBA or CFA preferred
- Product Leadership Certification preferred
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
Source: for more information click here.