As one of the largest independent global investment managers, Invesco Ltd. is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives.With more than 740 dedicated investment professionals worldwide and an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries, Invesco has the global capability to deliver our best ideas to investors around the world. Our “investors first” approach is built on:-Commitment to investment excellence.
- The goal of the department is to provide accurate, timely and efficient financial reporting expertise to the Invesco Canada Funds (the “Funds”)
- In addition to supporting the regulatory reporting requirements of the Funds, the department proactively conducts analysis to support the goals and objectives of Invesco Canada Ltd.
- Although the primary focus of the department is on the Funds side of the business, the department also supports initiatives for various other areas including Corporate, Sales, Legal and Marketing teams
- The Senior Fund Reporting Consultant will conduct analysis and provide reports to various internal clients at Invesco Canada and its parent company, Invesco, as well as to external parties
- The individual will gain a sound understanding of the Funds, and the fund management business
- The role will apply solid accounting knowledge in working on the Funds’ regulatory reporting requirements, and strong analytical skills in facilitating periodic internal and external reports on the Funds
- The successful candidate will be expected to understand various accounting issues and perform quality control checks on the output from various stakeholders.
- Assist in the compilation and review of the annual and semi-annual financial statements and Management Report of Fund Performance (MRFP) of the various Invesco Canada family of products, specifically funds with complex accounting or reporting issues
- Prepare and review financial data for Fund Facts documents, ETF Facts, Quarterly Portfolio Disclosure, simplified prospectus, annual information form, and any other regulatory report, as required
- Prepare, analyze and review regular and ad-hoc reports on Fund performance, security holdings, security classifications, and sales and asset levels for internal and external users
- Prepare and review periodic reports for internal reporting to management and various departments
- Proactively analyze and clearly communicate issues and suggested solutions to management on varying reporting, accounting or other related items
- Provide senior level constructive feedback to analysts following reviews of their deliverables
- Design and develop new financial reporting controls and provide technical analysis support to the Fund Reporting team
- Use strong change management skills to assist in the planning and implementation of departmental initiatives
- Suggest continuous improvement ideas and assist in the implementation of new departmental efficiencies.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the mutual fund industry required; preferably with experience in fund accounting/fund reporting
- Knowledge of various types of derivatives and their financial statement disclosure requirements
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office; particularly Excel, Word and Access
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and financial statement preparation best practices
- Knowledge of Canadian Securities Administrators National Instrument 81-102, 81-106 and Canadian Mutual Fund Regulatory framework
- Awareness of emerging accounting issues and industry trends
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of back office fund administration procedures and controls
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate accounting issues and their impacts
- Strong research skills and ability to think strategically about costs/benefits
- Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- An undergraduate university degree in accounting or finance
- Completion of (or enrollment in) a professional accounting designation program
- Overtime may be required, particularly during key reporting periods
- Due to the nature of the activities of this role, this position is classified as an Access Person, and is subject to certain restrictions and policies.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 3-5 Years