Purpose of Role
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join the talented and dynamic State Street Global Advisors SPDR ETFs Distribution Team in EMEA.
Your key mission would be to develop strategies to drive sales of the global fixed income SPDR EFTs range, focusing on the Institutional Asset Owners and Manager segments EMEA.
This is a fantastic opportunity to operate in a team friendly environment where you would work collaboratively with the Global SPDR Team to promote our range of Fixed Income ETFs across the region. Together we will continue to build a client focused, collaborative, and dynamic sales culture.
The focus of this role will be to work with the Head of SPDR ETFs EMEA, the SPDR ETF country heads and their teams, to devise a comprehensive business plan to build & develop the Fixed Income institutional sale opportunities. Considerations should include the addressable Fixed Income market opportunity, regulatory requirements, marketing requirements, product requirements [US Domiciled, UCITS], capital markets and operational infrastructure requirements.
Institutional Asset Owners: segment includes Pension Funds (DC, DC Platforms and DB), Endowments, Charities, Colleges, Not-for-profit, OIG Clients (Sovereign Wealth Funds, Central Banks, Supranational entities), Fiduciary Management (aka. OCIO for AO clients typically through Consultant), Consultants, Insurance Companies (General Account).
Institutional Asset Managers : segment includes Fund Managers (Single and Multi-Asset Class), Buy-side and Sell-side Trading Desks, Hedge Funds, Insurance Companies (Asset Management) and Family Offices
What we need you to do:
- Develop strategies to drive sales of Fixed Income ETFs across the target client segments within EMEA: Institutional Asset Owners and Institutional Asset Managers Build and maintain a book of business with key clients, working in partnership with the local SPDR ETF country heads;
- Work closely with SPDR’s distribution and marketing team to position fixed income strategies with targeted clients and prospects across the EMEA region to achieve SPDR Fixed Income net new assets and revenue targets for the UCITS Range;
- Identify and anticipate client requirements, expectations and needs;
- Clearly communicate SPDR ETFs Fixed Income investment ideas and research to clients and prospects;
- Execute sales campaigns and dynamically involve clients on major SPDR initiatives (seminars, events, surveys) while promoting an excellent and positive teamwork culture at all time;
- Partner closely with the Marketing Team to design, elaborate and execute sales strategies;
- Remain abreast of industry and product trends (including competitive analysis) to ensure SPDR is strongly positioned across the region and also in each local market.
- Cross referrals and collaboration within the broader EMEA SPDR ETF distribution team, along with the SSGA Institutional and Cash teams.
- Partner with Product team in sourcing new product ideas and providing high quality feedback to the product development process.
- Ensure strong oversight and controls including liaison with Legal, Compliance, Risk, Operations, Audit, Finance and the regulators.
- Partner with SPDR Capital Markets team to build liquidity strategies for Fixed income clients in in the region.
- Collaborate with regional and global executive management across SSGA and other State Street business divisions to build a cohesive strategic client approach.
- Support a sales culture which promotes a sense of urgency, and is client focused.
Education & Experience
- You have operated at a senior level in strategic sales, marketing and client management for an extended period of time.
- Strong Client Facing and/or Fixed Income Investment experience in the asset management industry of 10 years+
- Holds appropriate licenses
- Confirmed existing relationships with the top tier client base in atleast two of three target countries
- Confirmed ability to develop and execute successfully on strategic sales plans.
- Confirmed experience in developing relationships across multiple products, asset classes and regions.
- Degree qualified or equivalent with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
Specific Technical Knowledge / Qualifications
- Strong Fixed Income & ETF knowledge and related technical understanding.
- Strong business instincts, good judgment and creative mindset.
- Advanced communication and client relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to provide fresh insights and new ways of approaching issues based on past experiences, a global perspective, and well-articulated facts and reasoning.
- Dedication to risk, compliance, governance and regulation policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive asset management market and product knowledge across SSGA/SPDR asset classes/product lines.
- Analytically minded with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Solution oriented mindset.
- Strong technical ability with investment industry knowledge.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi task.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and open.
- Positive, entrepreneurial and can do attitude.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and navigate complexity.
- Excellent time keeping and adherence to deadlines
Source: for more information click here.