Job Purpose and Your Responsibilities:
- Executes the purchases and sales of fixed income instruments within the parameters set by Portfolio Managers, Head of Leveraged Finance trading or the Head of TFI Trading. Trading will be focused in High Yield Bonds, Leveraged Loans, Indexes, ETFs, CDS and other instruments as required
- Works alongside Portfolio Managers, Senior Traders, and Research Analysts with the goal of properly assessing market liquidity conditions and achieving best execution
- Analyze and timely provides details relating to primary bond issuance. This includes a solid understanding of fundamental credit statistics, relative value, and deal specifics that include; capital structure and market dynamics and the basis between cash & structured/synthetic instruments
- Shows an ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently with a strong attention to detail and risk management
- Keeps the Head of Leverage Finance Trading, members of the Leveraged Finance Team, and senior leaders informed of market events, data, and flows
- Understands TIAA/Nuveen respective portfolio mandates/goals and proactively presents compelling relative value trades to members of the Leveraged Finance team
- Understand how flows in one asset class may impact prices and yields in related asset classes
- Points out relationships across markets and potential trades that arise from those relationships
- Works effectively with members of other assets classes with a focus on collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Responsible for building relationships with existing sell-side sales coverage, traders and syndicate desks along with managing these relationship with a focus on best execution.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Has minimum of 8 years of work experience in leveraged credit trading, fixed income markets, and/or Leveraged finance capital markets
- In-depth knowledge of investment, credit, and quantitative analysis, trading protocols and etiquette, and factors that influence market prices and trends
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or CFA are preferred
- Ability to assess facts and make quick decisions in a fast pace environment
- Proficient with Bloomberg &/or CRD
- Comfortable using various electronic platforms to execute & conduct pre-trade data aggregation with a knowledge and familiarity of applicable order management systems
- The ability to gather and predict the market impact of trade executions based on price discovery, transparency reporting, inventory mining and counter-party surveillance
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills in order to maintain productive relationships with both internal and external counterparties
- Strong skills in using Excel and/or other data/quantitative driven software.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 7-10 Years