BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets.
- The Sales Partner is a key role in supporting the business development strategy and achieving revenue targets for the Alternative Investment Services (AIS) business in EMEA. Sales Partners are responsible for overseeing the deal management process and ensuring high quality delivery in all interactions with clients/prospects
- The role supports the deal lifecycle from market planning and supporting campaigns, opportunity development and deal management. The core function of the role is to support pipeline opportunities and to ensure optimum sales execution
- The Sales Partner will support deals generated by Sales Executives and manage opportunities originating from Business / Client / Relationship Executives and deals sourced via consultants or direct from the marketplace
- The Sales Partner will support the development of targeted sales strategies including segment focussed and cross selling initiatives with relationship management teams.
- Supporting all steps of the sales process through deal origination, qualification, opportunity development and execution
- Supporting the development of effective calling initiatives and campaigns
- Supporting deal strategies and working across all client/prospect groups with leadership from Sales/Client/Business/Relationship Executives to manage the sales process for both new business and cross selling opportunities
- Managing full sales process for active tenders including client interaction, operational model solution, RFP process, commercial/financial modelling, legal negotiations, risk, governance (BAC, Risk Committees, Deal Council etc.) and presenting both internally and to clients/prospects
- Managing production of high quality sales materials to support the deal process e.g. client presentations, RFPs, Executive Summaries, Financial proposal documents etc.
- Organising and coordinating client/prospect interactions and meetings: introductory meetings, presentations, due diligence visits etc.
- Managing/coordinating internal communication and documentation for all deal related processes including: internal briefings / updates and adherence to all required regulatory, legal, risk and compliance governance processes
- Working closely with internal operations and product groups to develop effective service and operating models and solutions to meet client/prospect needs
- Interfacing with clients/prospects throughout the sales process.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience of the competitive landscape within the Alternative Investment Industry across EMEA
- In depth knowledge of the full range of alternative asset types – particularly Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Estate and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and supporting product sets including Prime Custody, Depository/Trustee, Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency etc.
- Knowledge of key regulatory events which will impact / shape the industry
- Ability to analyse the competitive environment and formulate competitive strategies to outperform against competitors
- Excellent English language communications skills (both written and oral)
- Highly detailed understanding of the sales process
- Strong client facing skills and experience working with clients and executives
- High quality output with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team, under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to effectively organise self and others to meet desired goals and objectives
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to evolving priorities – to effectively work on multiple opportunities with different deadlines
- Strong presentational skills
- Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- In depth knowledge of the full range alternative investment related products (Prime Custody, Depository/Trustee, Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency etc. and related services)
- Highly PC Literate: Microsoft Office
- Experience in financial modelling, SalesForce (ENGAGE) system experience also an advantage
- Global Competencies, Client Orientation, Developing Partnerships
- Driving for Results, Decision Making, Enhancing Organisational Talent.
Source: for more information click here.