- OppenheimerFunds is seeking a Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst within the equity risk department for oversight of the $200bn Active Equity and Smart Beta strategies
- The ideal candidate has an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline and at least 7 years of experience in portfolio management or risk management
- The role will encompass day-to-day risk management of the products as well as more strategic planning in terms of identifying new and emerging areas requiring focus
- The successful candidate will have exceptional numerical, quantitative and interpersonal skills and be highly literate. A key requirement for this role is the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively to all levels within the organization. It is expected the candidate will be able to develop independent views on key relevant areas of portfolio risk and articulate accordingly, working closely with the investment teams to understand their portfolio management process and how risk can be effectively integrated to improve portfolio design
- Additionally, the candidate should be self-motivated and independent with an ability to improve existing processes and look to develop new types of portfolio analysis as relevant. A high degree of computer literacy is required as is innovative thinking and logical problem solving with an ability to be adaptable in terms of approach
- The role includes management of one analyst on the team
- Develop and utilize analytical resources to support risk management through the use of BARRA, RiskMetrics, FactSet, Bloomberg and other tools
- Partner with active equity portfolio management teams to facilitate and enhance their understanding of risk and portfolio exposures through the use of comprehensive risk metrics and techniques (e.g. stress testing, scenario analysis, VaR and other tail-risk measures etc.)
- Partner with Beta Solutions ETF teams in terms of helping develop robust new fund methodologies and providing independent oversight through portfolio backtesting and analysis
- Undertake quant projects and analysis regarding portfolio construction, portfolio style or other relevant topics and present findings in a professional, comprehensible manner to relevant stakeholders
- Prepare risk analytics and commentary to support both internal and external risk meetings including, where relevant, drafting memos for the risk committee outlining any prescient risk concerns or issues with appropriate recommendations
- Monitor fund risks and exposures to ensure they are within the approved guidelines, communicating positioning accordingly and facilitating resolution of any related breaches
- Engage the technology group in support of furthering the quality, structure and use of risk data throughout the organization and to facilitate the delivery of state-of-the-art risk analytics and risk models
- Work with other business units (e.g. Marketing, Product etc.) in support of both their education on risk matters through internal and external client presentations and through the development of relevant analysis as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of financial markets, securities and general investment themes in order to bring an informed perspective to the risk management processes
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in quantitative discipline (Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Finance).
- At least 7 years direct experience in equities markets, preferably in a risk or quant capacity
- Solid understanding of market risk concepts and statistical techniques (CAPM, MPT, VaR, multi-factor risk models, regression, tracking error, correlation, beta, volatility etc.) and their relevant application
- Working experience of equity portfolios, ETFs and equity derivatives strategies – particularly those involving the use of options
- Experience with commercial data and analytics vendors (BARRA (BARRAOne), RiskMetrics, Bloomberg, FactSet)
- Superior programming skills (e.g. VBA / Python / R etc.)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with a proven ability to generate analysis that is visually engaging and comprehensible
- Highly organized and able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong team player and self-starter but with ability and initiative to research projects independently if required.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation is highly desirable.
- Experience 7-10 Years