The Manager, Portfolio Manager Consultant will work with partners in Practice Management, Product & Private Wealth Management to assist advisors in transitioning to a more scalable and efficient business model by specifically coaching them on portfolio construction & investment management techniques. Using the existing product shelf and recommended lists the Manager will develop model portfolios, analyze the securities holdings of the identified advisors, develop talking points and action plans for the transition to modeled solutions and assist Practice Management and field management in guiding the advisor through the transition.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand the TD product platform and pricing methodologies and how they can be leveraged to create an efficient modeled book.
- Have direct experience working with Investment Advisors , Portfolio Managers and Financial Planners and understand the business dynamics, structure and goals of our professional advice channels
- Lead Book Review & portfolio construction activities primarily for TDs Private Investment Advice and Investment Counseling channels .
- Have direct experience leading small teams, coordinating activities to ensure a positive experience for PAIR’s “customers” by coaching and managing other employees and assisting with the execution of daily operations by overseeing staff training, team building exercises and giving input to the Senior Manager on performance reviews.
- Source and analyze the holdings & portfolio construction techniques within individual advisor’s book for the purpose of coaching and assisting advisors to transition to a more scalable and efficient portfolio construction methodology
- Will have a proven ability to analyze, breakdown and explain complex investment management strategies, products and services.
- Educate advisors and Branch Managers on developing, building and maintaining a scalable and efficient approach to investment management.
- Assist advisors in aligning a well-documented investment philosophy, value proposition and discovery process with a prescribed portfolio construction methodology that can be deployed over the majority of their book of business
- Develop model portfolios for a variety of client risk profiles, circumstances and account sizes
- Counsel advisors on how to build and maintain solution sets for small accounts & households
- Contribute to market-related publications and conference calls on an occasional basis.
- Coordinate with and support Practice Management in the on-going monitoring and follow-up with advisors to ensure they achieve the long-term goals with regards to building a scalable and efficient practice.
- Coordinate with and support the Product team in educating advisors on the different trading platforms and pricing methodologies that can be deployed in the transition to a more efficient business model.
- Collaborate with the Compliance monitoring teams to build a deep understanding of nuances and priorities of their roles in supporting the different advisor channels.
Key accountabilities include:
- Building a multi-factor holistic view of an advisor’s book of business for the purpose of analyzing security positions, asset allocation and portfolio construction techniques.
- Based on this analysis build recommendations and possible solutions sets that can be adopted by the advisor to transition their business to modeled solution set and lower overall product dispersion.
- Based on your recommendations educate & coach advisors to;
- Develop a deep understanding of TD Wealth’s fee-based and managed account platforms and corresponding pricing methodologies and assist the advisors in adopting newer technologies in building a more scalable practice build and integrate an investment philosophy into their value proposition, identify and transition to modeled solutions sets that can be deployed over the majority of the advisor’s book.
- Provide on-going support to advisors as they execute on transitioning their book of business based on their investment philosophy and their adopted modeled solutions sets.
- Provide on-going support to the Senior Manager by coordinating activities of their team, monitoring workflows, adherence to timelines and solving problems.
- Act as liaison between their team and the Senior Manger.
- Provide ideas and occasionally prepare written reports for a number of market-related publications to support the adoption of modeled solutions sets.
- Field and respond to advisor inquiries and requests for information regarding managed investments
- Participate in advisor training, coaching and branch presentations as required
- Support PAIR initiatives that may not be directly related to managed investments
What will success look like?
- Ability to efficiently scale book analysis generation, coach & transition multiple advisor cohorts simultaneously.
- Accelerated AUM growth, less security dispersion & enhanced practice efficiencies as a result of advisors adopting recommended solutions
- Adoption of firm or customized investment models that are then being deployed across the majority of clients across our three advisor channels
- Deeper advisor & Branch Manager knowledge of the different investment platforms, pricing methodologies and the adoption of new technology
- A well-documented investment plan / philosophy for all advisory clients
- Broader adoption of wealth management activities within all advice channels.
- Undergraduate degree with a major/speciality in Business, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics
- Investment industry accreditation (e.g., CSC, CIM)
- Completion of or working towards completion of the CFA Institute’s Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- 5 – 7 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Practice Management experience an asset
- Strong knowledge of financial markets
- Strong understanding of TD Wealth’s managed products including mutual funds, ETFs, and SMAs
- Strong knowledge of TD Wealth’s investment management platforms, deployment and pricing methodologies
- Relevant experience & knowledge with regard to working with advisors and their teams
- Team leadership and one-one-one coaching experience would be an asset
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills are required to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Strong verbal written & presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills needed to effectively work with other members of the team and other areas of TD Wealth
- Excellent technical skills and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office are required; strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential
- Knowledge and understanding of Bloomberg and Morningstar is preferable
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Outgoing individual who demonstrates keen initiative, flexibility and ability to react quickly to changing needs, positively rising to challenges presented
Source: for more information click here.