State Street partners with institutional investors all over the world to provide comprehensive financial services, including investment management, investment research and trading, and investment servicing.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operationsand servicingof client relationships for the Fund and Custody functions for a number of Canadian Mutual Funds, ETFs and Pooled Funds, aidingas an escalation point on client inquiries and requests
- Assist the team coordinating services for fund/product start-up/conversions, restructures and interacting with Accounting Operations and global COE’s for the overall service delivery for their clients
- Responsible for managing internal risk and compliance matters pertaining to assigned client relationships, as well as coordinating with applicable COE’s and Accounting Operations any required client specific reporting
- Provides project leadership for training, designing client-specific reporting, supporting RFP activity and managing third-party administrator relationships
- Manages through one level of subordinate management.
- Under moderate supervision, responsible for supporting AVP’s or VP’s in servicing client relationships and /or client operations.
- Ensures client issues are satisfactorily resolved by responding to and escalating as appropriate
- Works closely with all internal business units and facilitates communication to ultimately ensure an effective operating environment
- Works closely with senior management to keep them informed of new developments, service issues and new business opportunities
- Provides overall project support for all client related initiatives
- Acts as a liaison between client and internal departments (Accounting Ops, Shared Services and CoEs) to ensure successful implementation
- Supports conversion/start-up of new client relationships into the division
- Prepares timely and accurate reporting to clients (in conjunction with other internal teams as applicable)
- Responsible for the day to day management and successful relationships of assigned accounts and / or managing complex daily operations and processes
- Manage daily service delivery to meet or exceed SLAand KPI levels
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes. Manage client conversions and other client projects
- Coordinate market entry and liquidations
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices
- Provide timely and accurate weekly/monthly client reporting. Manage report card data collection and production
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews and audits
- Coordinate and/or trains client on using SS interfaces (i.e. myss.com)
- Train, develop and motivate new staff
- Complete performance appraisals
- Provide expertise to resolve daily problems
- Assist with new business development efforts as needed
- Assist with presentations to potential client companies
- Serve on committees. Help define and implement new company initiatives
- Perform annual risk assessments for customer accounts and alert AVP / VP of any changes that may increase State Street’s risk
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Business degree plus a minimum of 5 years related financial services or investment operations, fund accounting and custody experience with management responsibility
- Good working knowledge of the regulatory requirements governing Mutual Funds, ETFs and Pooled Funds, specifically National Instrument 81-102
- The preference of a minimum of 5 years of Fund Accounting oversight experience
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Good knowledge of computer skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Experience in relationship management, strong verbal and written communications skills, and some experience with presentations desirable.
Source: for more information click here.