John Hancock is a company built on trust and integrity. Throughout firm‘s rich history which spans more than 150 years, Company has remained true to the ideals on which company‘s company was built, while also encouraging fresh insights and new ways of thinking.
- This position is responsible for providing legal support to the Attorneys in the Law Department’s Investment Management / Investment Advisory Practice Group on a wide variety of legal matters relating to John Hancock Investments, including investment companies and investment advisers, new product launches and other business initiatives.
- Provide support to John Hancock Investments on regulatory, compliance and legal matters relating to investment company and investment adviser regulations and investment product launches
- Support the legal department on issues regarding new and existing investment products and related services
- Prepare filings and ensure compliance with investment company and investment adviser regulations
- Communicate regulatory and compliance issues to management, business units and colleagues
- Provide other services that management may require, including the execution of plans or projects that are assigned by management
- Collaborate with other Law Department personnel.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintains a broad-based, long term perspective on the business
- Embrace and offer innovative solutions and ideas
- Analytical problem solving, conceptual and analytic thinking
- Thinks and plans logically, making sure issues are thoroughly evaluated from all perspectives
- Collaboration: Provides intellectual and personal support within the organization
- Operates with a team orientation; involves others, building support and buy-in
- Establishes self as a business partner with colleagues
- Presents ideas and issues articulately to reach a diverse set of audiences
- Can make issues compelling if warranted by their importance
- Planning for implementation: Sets specific personal objectives and drives to the important results
- Achievement Orientation
- Problem identification and resolution
Educational Requirements And Experience
- Paralegal Certificate or JD Degree
- Minimum 5 year of 1940 Act regulatory experience required
- Minimum four years’ experience in financial services, preferably investment company, investment adviser and/or ETFs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Source: for more information click here.