Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. The firm is looking for a product developer to build new and manage existing SPDR ETFs for State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) in Europe.
- To grow the SPDR ETF business and bring market-leading solutions to our clients.
- To work across the four key pillars of Product: strategy, structuring and build, range management and advocacy.
- You will need to collaborate with colleagues in senior management, sales, investment and other teams from across the organisation.
- The role requires energy, excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; we want you to develop a deep understanding of the needs of clients, the opportunities in the market and how best to respond to both with SSGA’s investment capabilities.
- Lead the development and design of new SPDR ETFs for the European market, taking into account business priorities and overall strategy.
- Contribute to product strategy, develop business cases, design product features and co-ordinate launches. Communicate clearly with colleagues throughout this process.
- Look after the existing range of ETFs; analyse – and where appropriate adjust – their pricing, positioning and operating models to ensure they remain market-leading products.
- Build strong, positive relationships with key external and internal clients.
- Supply market research, competitive information and business metrics to identify trends and potential new product opportunities.
- Manage risk effectively by acknowledging, understanding, mitigating and/or eliminating it. Understand how important the effective management of risk is to SSGA and SPDR ETFs and how excellence in governance can lead to better products.
- Maintain the highest possible fiduciary standards.
- Think creatively, and make recommendations to improve and build our business; support your ideas with well-researched fact-based analysis.
- Produce key management reports, to support a strong governance process and ensure accountability for the product team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experienced across the full lifecycle of product development, from strategy, through implementation, range management and advocacy.
- Confident in your understanding of investment management, regulatory, tax and operational issues and how they relate to product design and commercial success
- Excellent using tools such as Bloomberg and Morningstar
- A good problem solver and trouble-shooter, with the ability to identify and analyse issues, and the energy to solve them
- A great relationship-builder, across all levels of seniority and all types of team
- Persuasive and articulate in presenting complex ideas, simply
- Previous experience with ETFs is desirable, but not necessary
- An experienced product developer, looking for stretch and a new challenge
- You’re bright, curious and naturally dissatisfied with an outdated status quo
- You want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment and have fun whilst doing so
- You are motivated and driven to deliver the best possible result to clients
- Good quality degree; MBA or CFA a plus.
- You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Source: for more information click here.