- As a key member of the sales team, you will have the opportunity to lead and manage ESG business development activities
- A central part of the role is therefore to develop and execute on a go to market strategy, and assist in developing new, innovative products and solutions to respond to customer needs
- The precise territory and segment focus will depend upon your experience, talent and interest, and we are predominantly seeking candidates who can cover the territories of France, Switzerland and Italy.
- Collaborate to help develop and execute on a strategy to grow ESG sales to financial institutions, academics and non-financial corporates in Europe
- Represent the business at meetings with prospective clients, effectively diagnosing their needs and conveying our ESG value proposition
- Work with clients to advise them on integration of S&P Market Intelligence ESG data and research in their processes, support them in use of ESG data and answer technical questions
- Work closely with our generalist Market Intelligence sales team across the region to support broader strategic goals
- Work with our marketing team to support with thought leadership (white papers, speaking presentations)
- Make sure the pipeline of opportunities is up-to-date and promptly answer to leads/inquiries
- Prospect, generate leads and write proposals; follow up on new business opportunities and set up meetings; plan and prepare presentations; establish and contribute to maintenance of client accounts.
- Individual speaking basic Italian and French (excellent Italian language skills preferred)
- Extensive years of experience in an ESG role either as analyst, sales or consultant
- Understanding of ESG and the sustainable finance marketplace, and in particular the use of ESG scores by companies and investors and the investment risks and opportunities associated with climate, water, biodiversity and ability to distill this understanding into a business plan for ESG Solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidence presenting to large groups at public forums, and the ability to write compelling, articulate proposals for innovative solutions
- Business development and technical, consultative sales
- Business acumen, good negotiation skills and persuasiveness
- Personable, and enjoy networking and meeting new people
- Self-motivated and results oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude.
Source: for more information click here.