Who we are looking for
This role is for a Senior Quantitative Researcher Analyst and is part of the global Active Quantitative Equity (AQE) team. The role is based in London and reports to the Head of Research for AQE.
The London-based team is responsible for managing a wide range of active, enhanced and defensive equity strategies across many regions and in both developed and emerging markets. The team has a deep history of delivering innovative risk-controlled alpha to our clients and we are looking for someone to help in the next phase of our growth. We have a passion for innovation, are a leader in the integration of ESG considerations within our process and have a keen focus on continuing to deepen sustainable insights within our investment ideas and solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, collegiate, team. You will be working collaboratively with our global team in research evolving our investment strategies, products and processes. As a senior member of the team there is the opportunity to demonstrate significant influence both locally and globally to help shape our future.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Quantitative Research Analyst your responsibilities may include:
- Generate ideas for investment process innovation and improvements with key focus in alpha generation and portfolio construction.
- Lead and execute research projects including interpreting, presenting and implementing results.
- When appropriate communicate research to internal and external stakeholders including contributing to associated thought leadership publications.
- Participation in the maintenance and improvement of our common research/production platform.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
• Critical thinking and problem solving ability.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people.
• Motivated, enthusiastic, with a can do attitude.
• Willingness to engage and navigate complexity.
• A passion for research and financial markets
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD or PhD candidate) in a quantitative discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a quantitative research analyst with hands on experience developing, researching and implementing quantitative equities models.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, econometrics, and asset pricing derived with a combination of formal training and/or practical experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in machine learning a plus.
- Excellent coding skills with experience in R, Python and/or SQL. Experience with distributed computing is a plus.
- Significant hands on experience working with financial datasets.
- Experience working with large unstructured alternative datasets preferred.
- Experience managing research projects with multiple researchers preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to deliver results
Source: for more information click here.