- The broad purpose of the team is to lead the research, analysis and development of both new and existing products for HSBC’s Luxembourg and Irish fund ranges.
- This role will oversee all day-to-day product development and product management activities related to HSBC’s Luxembourg and Irish fund ranges.
- The role will report into the Head of Product Development – Global Funds and will be responsible for managing a team of 3.
Impact on Business:
- In conjunction with the Capability Heads; analyse and prepare feasibility studies and business cases for new products for submission to the Global Product Committee.
- Product design and structuring: convert product ideas into product designs. Define fund features (for example: domicile, legal / regulatory structure, liquidity, investment objectives / policies and pricing).
- Identifying key design issues and develop options/solutions.
- Working with the competitor intelligence team; perform market analysis, competitor and product research relating to both existing and new products.
- Stay abreast of market developments, define product positioning and target markets.
- On-going review of products (incorporates the Product Review process) – identify threats/opportunities and enhancements to product range which may result from internal or external drivers.
- Define strategy, specifications and implementation requirements.
- Analyse the tax / regulatory landscape from a fund, client and investment perspective; analyse impact on product range and lead development / changes.
- Present and facilitate review and approval of new products with the Board.
- Establish global best practice for products from a technical and governance perspective.
- Accountable for the planning, co-ordination and drafting of product related content (alongside the Product Lawyer) and approvals of fund prospectuses and client communications.
- Capability Heads & Investment Teams
- Product Specialists & Sales
- Risk and Compliance
- External Counsel
- Management Company / Board
- Fund Boards
- Local Offices – Product Teams, Legal and Compliance
Leadership and Teamwork:
- Work closely with the Head of Product Development – Global Funds and the Product Capability heads.
- Manage the growth and development of the team.
- Cross border networking with other teams.
Operational Effectiveness and Control:
- Compliance with Global Standards and control guidance
- Develop effective and robust products that adhere to the ever changing commercial and regulatory environment.
- Manage multiple initiatives (at different levels of granularity) which have overlapping timelines, ensure timely delivery in a compliant and risk controlled manner.
- Adapt to changing business priorities.
- Building strong relationships and trust with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Enhance the reputation of the Product Development team; strive for the team to become a centre of excellence.
- The role of Global Product Development is the development of our global products in Luxembourg and Dublin so that they meet:
- AMG exacting standards and the HSBC brand; and
- Client and market needs and expectations.
- Approximately 100 sub-funds across 6-7 fund umbrellas.
- UCITS structures organized as corporates and contractual vehicles.
- Luxembourg and Ireland.
- Investment Strategies: money market, fixed income, equity, ETF, Multi-Asset.
- International ex US distribution – registration in 45 markets.
Management of Risk:
- Ensure that new products, product features and associated documentation meet our FIM standards.
- Awareness of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls:
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Understand the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles, HSBC Global Asset Management’s TCF philosophy and how this affects your role.
- Act in a manner that takes account of these principles to ensure fair outcomes for customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Over 10 years product development and/or product management experience from a top tier asset manager with a substantial product offering across all public asset classes
- Self-starter, who takes ownership, works with minimal supervision and can deliver the right solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to communicate with impact.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage multiple complex initiatives (at different levels of granularity).
- Independent thinker who has an enquiring mind-set.
- Drive, energy and eager to progress in the role.
- Flexible attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent managerial skills with the ability and desire to develop the team.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 10-15 Years