State Street partners with institutional investors all over the world to provide comprehensive financial services, including investment management, investment research and trading, and investment servicing.
- The role objective is to define, lead and execute a PR strategy that builds the business’ media profile across Europe.
Define & own SPDR’s PR strategy & go-to-market approach:
- Evaluate requirements, and establish a plan to develop, “what it takes to win” PR strategy for the SPDR EMEA ETF business
- Work with firm‘s European PR agencies to identify and prioritise target stakeholders and publications
- Establish clear deliverables and needs from internal stakeholders
- Work closely with SPDR sales to provide oversight that ensures a consistet PR approach for all focus countries (Switzerland, the Netherlands, UK, Germany, Italy, France)
- Work with global PR team to integrate and complement global communication plans
Partner with internal teams to successfully execute delivery of PR strategy:
- Operate as a point person for PR matters and handling requests in respect of specialist areas
- Provide advice to business management teams on PR issues and managing critical business stakeholders
- Manage relationships with the media through company‘s PR agencies
- Manage PR expectations of internal stakeholders
- Share PR best practice and learning with global colleagues and seek continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to draft and edit PR materials to align messages with SPDR EMEA business priorities and messaging.
Skills and Qualifications:
Education & Experience
- Strong in-house PR experience in asset management industry and/or capital markets of five to 10 years
- Ability to develop and execute successful strategic PR plans
- Experience in developing productive stakeholder relationships
- Degree qualified or equivalent with a financial or analytical discipline preferred
- MBA or CFA an advantage
- Language skills a distinct advantage
- Ability to act as a trusted PR advisor to senior management
- Ability to comply with strict internal processes
- In-depth understanding of UK financial services media and how to build and maintain strong relationships. Pan-European media background desirable.
- Excellent awareness of the external environment in which the bank operates
- Sound industry and business understanding
- Experience of dual reporting lines to both the business and marketing/PR teams
- Ability to work independently and be confident in making decisions
- Ability to deliver to deadlines under pressure
- Track record of advising senior executives on PR and media issues
- Excellent writing skills acquired in a PR environment
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned
- This is a new role tasked with establishing a PR capability for a high growth business. There will be a lot of set up work to do to develop strategy, define deliverables and gather internal alignment. This will require someone with a strong entrepreneurial mindset and ‘can do’ mentality
- Ability to listen to internal stakeholder requirements and deliver PR results consistent with this
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Organised and structured work approach with an ability to prioritise with strong time-management skills
- Confident, enthusiastic and solution-oriented mindset
- Strong technical ability with investment industry knowledge
- Ability to work well within a team with strong organization skills
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and navigate complexity
- Aligned with State Street’s culture.
Source: for more information click here.