State Street partners with institutional investors all over the world to provide comprehensive financial services, including investment management, investment research and trading, and investment servicing.
- The role objective is to define, lead and execute a PR strategy that builds the business’ media profile across Europe.
- Define & own SSGA’s PR strategy & go-to-market approach
- Evaluate requirements, and establish a plan to develop, “what it takes to win” PR strategy for the business
- Work with firm‘s European PR agencies to identify and prioritise target stakeholders and publications
- Establish clear deliverables and needs from internal stakeholders
- Work closely with SSGA sales to provide oversight that ensures a consistent PR approach for all focus countries (Switzerland, the Netherlands, UK, Germany, Italy, France)
- Work with global PR team to integrate and complement global communication plans
- Partner with internal teams to successfully execute delivery of PR strategy
- Operate as a point person for PR matters and handling requests in respect of specialist areas
- Provide advice to business management teams on PR issues and managing critical business stakeholders
- Manage relationships with the media through firm‘s PR agencies
- Manage PR expectations of internal stakeholders
- Share PR best practice and learning with global colleagues and seek continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to draft and edit PR materials to align messages with business priorities and messaging.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong in-house PR experience in asset management industry and/or capital markets of five to 10 years
- Ability to develop and execute successful strategic PR plans
- Experience in developing productive stakeholder relationships
- Degree qualified or equivalent with a financial or analytical discipline preferred
- MBA or CFA an advantage
- Language skills a distinct advantage
- This is a new role tasked with establishing a PR capability for a high growth business. There will be a lot of set up work to do to develop strategy, define deliverables and gather internal alignment. This will require someone with a strong entrepreneurial mindset and ‘can do’ mentality
- Ability to listen to internal stakeholder requirements and deliver PR results consistent with this
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Organised and structured work approach with an ability to prioritise with strong time-management skills
- Confident, enthusiastic and solution-oriented mindset
- Strong technical ability with investment industry knowledge
- Ability to work well within a team with strong organization skills
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and navigate complexity
- Aligned with State Street’s culture.
Source: for more information click here.