- This position requires a self-motivated individual to fill a key administrative role in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- The main responsibility of this role is rigorously executing critical daily processes to provide essential inputs to the fund accounting for the investment funds.
- Supporting the daily pricing and fund valuation process
- Operating specialist systems for reconciliations, trade transmissions, and modeling/projections
- Ensuring correct and timely post-execution allocation, confirmation, and reporting of all portfolio security trades, foreign exchange deals, term loans, and derivative transactions
- Receiving securities trades on a daily basis from investment advisors and Investment Management, and ensuring they are accurately and promptly entered to the investment funds’ records
- Performing reconciliations and identifying, reporting and escalating portfolio discrepancies
- Working with custodian banks, investment advisors, and traders to resolve portfolio discrepancies and market settlement issues
- Researching, communicating, tracking, responding on, and booking corporate actions
- Promptly and accurately completing documents for foreign market access, broker accounts, and tax identification
- Researching and creating security profiles of financial instruments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two to four years experience in an accounting/operations related position (experience with mutual funds, securities/investments, foreign currency translation and derivatives preferred)
- Post secondary degree/diploma specializing in Accounting/Finance/Commerce/Business
- Working towards completion of the Canadian Securities Course and Derivatives Fundamental Course
- Familiarity with systems such as MPower, Bloomberg, SSCNet, and T-Recs
- Proficiency in PC software such as MS Excel and Word
- Programming/development and data management skills an asset
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment and deal with fluctuating work volumes is required
- A high attention to detail is required
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 3-5 Years