Who we are looking for
As Portfolio Manager you will help to manage, and support the business in the asset management of various equity portfolios for the Sydney Global Equity Beta Solutions team across the spectrum of index capabilities.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Portfolio Manager you will
- Manage index equity portfolios to meet client objectives
- Day-to-day investment process includes portfolio monitoring, cash management, trading through centralized dealing desks, handling corporate action decisions and index changes, through to performance and attribution
- Support client facing teams by answering requests and providing insight on equity & portfolio related issues, as well as supporting business efforts to grow revenue and AUM
- Meet with clients for regular portfolio reviews
- Collaborate with portfolio management, operations, compliance, and other internal groups as needed
- Participate in work streams to improve implementation, process efficiency, reduce operational risks
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Computer literate, especially for Microsoft Office applications
- Good appreciation for index investing; such as replication and optimized strategies targeting factor exposures
- Knowledgeable in markets, instruments, and index methodologies used in index portfolio construction
- Knowledge of trading strategies for equity portfolio implementation
- Absolute attention to detail and high degree of accuracy when working under pressure
- Good communication & presentation skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree qualified / higher qualifications preferred
- CFA charterholder preferred
- Experienced index portfolio manager essential
- Literate in Portfolio Management applications eg Bloomberg, FactSet, portfolio optimization software eg Axioma
Source: for more information click here.