PIMCO does manage investments for a wide range of clients, including public and private pension and retirement plans and others assets on behalf of millions of people from all walks of life around the world. Company is also advisors and asset managers to companies, central banks, educational institutions, financial advisors, foundations and endowments.
- Portfolio Associate team members directly support Portfolio Managers and build relationships internally with Account Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance counterparts
- Operations teams, and other Portfolio Associate teams across the firm’s global offices
- On a day-to-day basis, Portfolio Associates actively monitor portfolios and markets to assist Portfolio Managers in rebalancing risks and managing client assets
- Portfolio Associates are routinely encouraged to provide creative solutions and develop key tools and reporting methods to support the Portfolio Management team.
- Ensuring investment objectives are reflected across portfolios in scope
- Monitoring portfolio positions and products versus client guidelines in concert with Compliance team
- Coordinating with Portfolio Management on re-balancing of portfolios
- Utilizing proprietary risk systems for monitoring of portfolio exposures
- Assisting in account transitions and cash flow management
- Conducting performance and attribution analyses
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from the Portfolio Management team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong academic background in a technical field from a leading, accredited college or university
- Deep understanding of fixed income and equities including knowledge of most cash and derivative instruments
- Exceptional communication skills are required to operate in a complex financial environment
- Excel “power user” – SQL, VBA and programming skills are preferred
- Strong process-oriented background and ability to demonstrate keen portfolio risk and operational awareness
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a high-pressure and time-critical environment
- Candidate will focus mainly on implementation of Alternative product strategies.
- Good understanding of interest rates and equity derivatives; proven knowledge of Option Greeks
- Quant and programming knowledge is a plus.
Source: for more information click here.