- Proactively assist Investment Counsellors to construct and analyse client portfolios using sophisticated portfolio analytics, risk metrics and originate corresponding portfolio changes. Assist Investment Counsellors to position such changes with sophisticated and less sophisticated clients
- Proactively assess client portfolios from a quantitative/analytics perspective and propose modifications to align portfolios with client investment guidelines, risk profile, SAA
- Proactively identify investment opportunities and portfolio enhancements underpinned by the Global Investment Committee recommendations, themes/asset allocation
- Developing the quality and content of client materials/portfolio reviews/pitches, leveraging the available metrics but delivering them in a way which enhances the client experience.
- Be a primary source of expertise on the systems analytics (e.g. expected shortfall, backward testing, trading scenarios, etc.) and capabilities (Internal Advisory Platform)
- Collaborate with Investment Counsellors in constructing customized portfolios
- Proactively identify trading opportunities for single clients but also wider opportunities for multiple portfolios
- Monitor performance of portfolios, models and products versus benchmark
- Ability to position investment opportunities with internal and external stakeholders and influence buy-in
- Participate in client meetings to enrich and deepen the quality of the investment conversation
- Assess Global Investment Committee output with regard to thematic / asset allocation and collaborate with Product Specialist to understand the impact of adding implementation products to client portfolios
- Work with fund selection teams and Product Specialists in understanding underlying implementation vehicles and the impact of adding them to client portfolios
- Construct and maintain house models with implementation ideas (Mutual Funds, ETFs, structured investments, equity, fixed income, alternatives, cash products) in line with risk budget, using various risk analytics and tools
- Act as the main point of contact for collecting, prioritizing and driving platform evolution to increase sales pitches impact with internal stakeholders (Relationship Managers / Investment Counsellors) and with end clients
- Liaise with trading platform providers to resolve issues or secure enhancements
- Drive enhancements with objective of reducing underlying costs, reducing risks and providing fair outcomes to clients
- Communicate changes to Front Office, Investment Counsellors on a timely basis
- Participate in GPB investment committees and relevant governance committees
- Liaise with Global Functions and peers to ensure internal alignment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Quantitative background is essential. Master’s degree and/or CFA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of investment experience, preferably five of which in multi-asset portfolio construction and implementation role
- Strong knowledge of modern portfolio theory and risk analytics (expected shortfall, montecarlo)
- Strong knowledge of asset allocation models and portfolio construction methodologies
- Prior experience with implementations through various investment vehicles, i.e. mutual funds, equities, fixed income, ETFs, alternatives, structured investments and separate accounts across asset classes and thematic
- Strong communication and presentation skills in dealing with internal and external clients
- Experience interacting with internal stakeholders, i.e. Operations, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Sales
- Resourceful and autonomous, with the ability to quickly adapt to new tasks
- Fluent in English and in French.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 7-10 Years