With about EUR 777 billion of assets under management (as of December 31, 2015), Deutsche Asset Management is one of the world’s leading investment management organizations. Deutsche Asset Management offers individuals and institutions traditional and alternative investments across all major asset classes.
- Reporting to the AM UK Passive & Wealth Management (WM) Compliance Director and working as a member of the wider AM Compliance team, you’ll primarily provide Compliance support to the UK Passive AM business when structuring, launching, marketing and distributing Passive AM products in the UK and on a cross-border basis, including ETFs, ETCs and other UCITs and non-UCITs funds.
- Reviewing and assessing appropriateness of new distributors by conducting distributor and platform due diligence
- Reviewing new product launch and new product approval (NPA) and assessing product appropriateness, reputational risk, conflict of interest and selling restriction considerations
- Reviewing marketing material and client communications for compliance with MiFID, other regulatory requirements and the Bank’s policies and standards for communications and marketing material
- Interacting with local Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Legal and Compliance and outside counsel to ensure compliance with local marketing and selling requirements when the Business is marketing products on a cross border basis
- Providing input and updating on regulatory changes impacting the Business (i.e MiFID II, PRIIPS, Market Abuse Regulation (MAR), UCITs etc.) and advising on regulatory interpretation and practical implementation through participation in internal and external working groups
- Providing ad-hoc advice on general Compliance issues to the UK Passive Business and assisting with any complaints handling
- Reviewing and / or contributing to the rollout of new or updated policies and procedures to ensure continued compliance with local rules and regulations and best practice
- Attending any relevant Passive internal and external committees
- Preparing and delivering training sessions within AM where necessary
- Participating in Compliance Risk assessments and control frameworks
- Assisting in any regulatory inspections and investigations and responding to ad-hoc regulatory enquiries
- Assisting the Compliance Controls Team in their reviews of AM business lines
- Working on general Compliance projects from time to time as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong working experience in a Compliance Advisory or Legal capacity, specialising in Asset Management (portfolio management or fund structuring)
- A wide product knowledge across various fund types (UCITs and non-UCITs including alternative hedge fund strategies)
- Specialised knowledge of UCITs rules and cross-border issues as well as working knowledge of other key European Union (EU) and UK regulations including MiFID, EMIR, MAR, short-selling, TOP rule book, FSA handbook etc
- A post graduate or professional qualification such as qualified solicitor with extensive experience and knowledge of asset management and the current regulatory framework in Europe for funds (beneficial)
- Ability to interpret, understand, advise upon and formulate an appropriate course of action on a broad range of legal and regulatory provisions
- Ability to analyse legal, regulatory and reputational risk and where necessary escalate matters to the appropriate management level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail and an ability to grasp core issues quickly
- Treats fellow employees with courtesy and respect
- Ability to handle and manage a number of different projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact with and command respect from persons both inside and outside of Deutsche Bank
- Adapts to changes as necessary
- Possesses a pro-active approach to projects and responsibilities
- Demonstrates decisiveness and is action oriented. Has a strong focus on getting the job done correctly
- Demonstrates high energy and enthusiasm levels. Hardworking, with the ability to focus on and resolve the “right” issues in a timely fashion
- Educated to Bachelor degree level (or equivalent qualification / work experience).
Source: for more information click here.