Charles Schwab is a different kind of investment services firm – one that strives to disrupt the status quo of the traditional Wall Street approach on behalf of firm‘s clients. Company does believe today, as they did on Day 1, that when you find ways to improve the investing experience for your clients, then business results will follow.
- The Mutual Fund Research Analyst will be responsible for evaluating and selecting mutual funds for the Schwab Mutual Fund OneSource Select List and other lists
- Responsibilities will also include operational due diligence research on mutual funds, ETFs and separately managed accounts
- This analyst will be a member of a three-person group of mutual fund analysts.
- Research begins with CSIA’s quantitative mutual fund ratings, which are used to determine funds’ eligibility for Schwab’s lists. The analyst will study the high-ranking funds for each available spot on the lists, performing additional qualitative and quantitative analysis beyond the mutual fund ratings. This typically includes portfolio analysis, risk analysis, and research into the fund manager and firm. The analyst will also conduct calls with fund representatives for due diligence purpose and write commentaries for each fund on the lists
- Operational due diligence responsibilities will include analysis of organizational structure, compliance, risk management, trading, information security and related issues for asset managers
- Analytical skills and communication skills, both written and spoken, are critical for this role. The successful candidate will be able to interpret quantitative information (ratings, performance, etc.), identify areas of possible risk in a fund, formulate questions for fund managers in order to identify a fund’s strengths and weaknesses, and communicate the results of this research clearly in writing and in speaking.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required
- Familiarity with software such as Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, or other fund analytics programs is a plus
- Progress toward the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is highly desirable.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 1-3 Years