- The Managing Director of Strategy and Product Development for exchange-traded funds (ETF) and mutual funds will be a key member of the CSIM team
- This individual will help develop and drive ETF and mutual fund business strategy for CSIM, inform product strategy across ETF and mutual fund product lines and lead ETF and mutual fund product development initiatives
- This will be done through a deep understanding of strategic issues at Schwab and across the Investment Management industry, broad ETF and mutual fund product knowledge and familiarity with investment management sales and distribution trends
- These activities will require close collaboration with multiple partner organizations within CSIM and across Schwab
- This person will be responsible for helping drive business and ETF and mutual fund product strategy across multiple business lines, while simultaneously driving multiple ETF and mutual fund product strategy and development initiatives and providing day-to-day leadership of projects from the brainstorming phase through implementation and execution.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS required. MBA, CFA or other advanced business training highly preferred
- At least 10 years of proven experience in business strategy or product strategy, including ETF and mutual fund product development roles in the investment management industry
- Thorough knowledge of the investment management industry and major trends around ETFs and mutual funds, investment managers and distributors
- Proven ability to develop and implement business and ETF and mutual fund product strategy along with ETF and mutual fund product development activities
- Passion for serving clients and for the investment management industry
- Natural ability to build relationships with partners in Schwab’s business units, across groups within CSIM, and with industry participants and consultants outside of Schwab
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of industry data into the limited number of strategic initiatives and product development opportunities most important to CSIM and Schwab
- Comfort with ambiguity in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment with the ability to focus on the critical elements of the work to provide clarity amongst the ambiguity
- Creative and persistent in identifying insights and trends that present opportunities or challenges for CSIM and Schwab
- Ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences including governance groups and senior leadership
- Ability to work effectively on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with numerous groups, both internal and external
- Experience leading teams comprised of direct reports and cross-functional groups.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 7-10 Years