As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate.
- The GDLS Derived Data Manager will help drive the growth of GDLS Derived Data revenues by taking ownership of the entire data licensing lifecycle from the initial stages of client engagement with legacy customers and prospects to post-sales management of customers and related documentation
- The Manager will also provide analysis to include; intelligence gathering, valuation of opportunities, assistance in collecting and validating initial client engagement documentation (KYC & SOU), licensing preparation and closing of the licensing execution cycle by managing the on-boarding of clients into CME’s internal systems and processes
- They will also be responsible for on-going review of customer’s quarterly reporting, and other intelligence monitoring for continued compliance with license terms such as monitoring client press releases and other media channels
- They may, on occasion, directly engage target customers where the value per Scope of Use is well defined.
- Understand the different ways in which CME data is used to create new original works – including how those products work and their value proposition to end user clients
- Research, investigate and document usage of CME data in the creation of derived data products in advance of engaging with clients and prospects as part of the KYC process
- Establish value proposition of potential clients and manage the derived data pipeline
- Engage with the appropriate market data/business contacts at each client and prospect, detailing expectations around usage and managing the completion of Scope of Use documents by the client
- Identify when to escalate license negotiations to senior licensing staff
- Learn & understand internal processes and applications to ensure closure of sales opportunities are efficient and billing can commence as quickly as is practicable
- Perform quarterly and annual review of existing clients. Leverage outside data sources and other information to ensure compliance and escalate accordingly
- Grow and maintain knowledge levels of real time and derived data policies and fees
- Work with and develop relationships with other business units globally to effectively analyse key client behaviors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience of Market Data management, Data Licensing, commercial licensing with experience in financial market data
- Possess a strong working knowledge of exchange (equities or F&O), structured products, ETFs/ETNs, index providers or information vendors as well as real time, end of day and derived data policies
- Strong knowledge of Data Pricing and licensing models
- Demonstrate knowledge of data consumer and data vendor firms globally, including (but not limited to) major and niche information vendors, investment banks, online trading platforms, high frequency and proprietary trading firms
- Proven background in analysing, designing and implementing processes and policies to improve efficiencies and achieve desired objectives with a strong bias towards continuous improvement
- The candidate will be required to regularly interact with external customers and potentially service providers who they are assigned to
- A strong relationship builder who is clear in articulating the values, expectations and polices of CME Group is essential to the function.
Source: for more information click here.