- Based in Houston, we are seeking a Compliance Manager with significant investment compliance experience responsible for conducting, coordinating and compiling results of the compliance monitoring practices across the U.S. entities
- This individual will collaborate closely with the Global Head of Compliance Monitoring, local Chief Compliance Officers and the Regional Head of Compliance and their teams
- The focus of this role is to set an industry example for demonstrating fiduciary duty to our clients through the strong execution of a robust compliance monitoring program
- This role will help coordinate on the compliance monitoring program for the overall North American compliance region, and will involve working closely with the CCO for Canada and the compliance team in Canada, including a dedicated Compliance Manager, Controls in Canada.
- Responsible for effectively planning and conducting compliance monitoring reviews of across the various entities based on the current risk based Monitoring Plan
- Develops testing programs, schedules, coordinates resources, executes testing, and ensures documentation of work and results align with department standards
- Evaluates root cause factors for testing exceptions and recommends practical solutions to strengthen processes and controls
- Record and monitor identified exceptions and tracks the issues to resolution
- Provide business reporting of results of the Monitoring Plan, exceptions noted and action plan progress toward resolution
- Identifies gaps between Invesco policies and procedures and current industry standards or desk procedures
- Works with applicable departments when drafting and revising new polices to obtain the appropriate approvals
- Assists with conducting periodic Compliance risk assessments, aggregating results and communicating with various levels of management
- Keeps abreast of changing regulatory requirements, reviews Invesco policies, and recommends revisions to remain compliant to changing regulations
- Implements and supports the Compliance team’s strategic direction, vision, and mission in alignment with Invesco’s strategy
- Responsible for visibly supporting Invesco’s business initiatives and the initiatives of other departments
- Presents complex information in a professional and easy to understand manner through written materials or presentations for a wide variety of audiences including clients
- Assists in responding to regulatory, sub-advisory client, wrap client, and institutional client inquiries
- Interfaces with clients as part of the Compliance team during due diligence meetings which includes face to face and remote meetings to explain the compliance aspects of our business with relation to the client accounts
- Undertakes special compliance-related projects assigned by the Chief Compliance Officer, Compliance Director, or Senior Manager (e.g. forensic testing, ad hoc requests).
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10 + years financial services industry experience with at least 5 years of direct compliance experience in the investment advisor or mutual fund / ETF industry
- Understanding of and experience in equity, fixed income and alternative capabilities delivered to retail and institutional clients
- Experience working with 40 ACT funds, ETFs, ERISA, or institutional clients, and managed accounts is preferred
- Familiarity with trading systems and their compliance component such as Aladdin, Bloomberg, Latent Zero, or Charles River is a plus
- Broad knowledge of federal securities laws and regulations
- Ability to work on multiple assignments or projects concurrently
- Ability to communicate clearly with persons at a wide range of levels on sensitive matters
- Ability to identify and thoroughly investigate reporting discrepancies, and determine the appropriate course of action (either resolution or higher review)
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to interact with senior management and investment professionals as well as clients
- Demonstrated ability to understand wide range of regulatory requirements applicable to investment advisers and mutual funds and to develop and implement appropriate procedures to comply therewith.
- Ability to understand complex regulations
- Ability to interact well with all levels of employees
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline
- Advanced professional education is preferred
- Certification in a related field of practice is a plus
- FINRA Series 7, 63, and 65 preferred.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 10-15 Years