Lenox Wealth Advisors is a Registered Investment Advisor that builds custom portfolios for individuals, families, trusts, not-for-profit organizations, and business entities.
- The Junior Portfolio Manager will work closely with Portfolio Managers/Chief Investment Officer on making asset allocation recommendations and implementing said recommendations to client portfolios
- The Junior PM will act as a liaison between CIO/Portfolio Managers and Lenox Advisors Asset Managers/ Analysts/ Associates in regards to overall asset allocation and market updates
- The Junior PM will also have responsibility in conducting due diligence on portfolio managers and leading risk assessment analysis on portfolios.
Construction of Client Portfolios
- Build risk management tools to optimize risk-adjusted returns based on each client’s financial goals
Implementation of Investment Ideas
- Daily review of client portfolios to minimize dispersion versus internal models as well as mandatory quarterly rebalancing
- Responsible for the onboarding of new clients into LWA models/portfolios
- Portfolio Management/Trading responsibilities along with other PMs and CIO
Provide market/portfolio updates to Asset Managers/Associates
- On-going maintenance of “The Book of Managers” – a catalog of current investments, quarterly performance data and rational for ownership
- Provide a weekly update of macroeconomic conditions and thoughts on their effect on current and potential investments via “LWA on the Week” newsletter
- Creates quarterly Market Update and Market Action slides to be used for Client’s Quarterly Reports
- Deliver information on portfolio changes, rational for change and other relevant portfolio matters in a timely manner
Manager Selection & Due Diligence
- Attend conferences to meet new managers, learn about trends in the industry, and network with private wealth management community
- Conduct in house meetings with managers to get a deeper understanding of manager’s investment processes, track record and risk adjusted returns over time
- Build proprietary models to screen for potential investment ideas
- Conduct quarterly meetings/calls with current portfolio managers to review performance and general outlook for their respective sector
- Keep abreast of market information and economic news through reading industry reports and journals.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of analyst/associate experience in financial services
- The successful candidate will also have varied industry knowledge: Capital markets, Asset class allocation (Equities, Fixed Income, Alternatives), Investment policy statements for private wealth portfolios, Investment manager selection, Valuations, Economic fundamentals, Monetary policy as well as varied product knowledge: 40 Act Funds (Mutual funds, ETFs), SMAs, Tax-efficiency (long term vs. short term capital gains, tax-loss harvesting)
- The ideal candidate will also have varied knowledge in Absolute and relative returns attribution, Time series analysis, Correlation and regression, Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT), Factors, Portfolio construction and Presentation of investment results
- The applicant will be a pro-active, self-starter who is a team player and has excellent communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills required. Bloomberg, Tamarac and Schwab experience a plus.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience < 1 Year, 1-3 Years