Job in a nutshell:
We are looking to hire an experienced and motivated investment strategy professional to join our in-house investment team as we embark on the next stage of our growth journey. The Nutmeg investment team is responsible for the design and construction of our ~50 multi asset, ETF based investment portfolios, and currently manages over £4bn on behalf of over 150,000 UK clients.
Reporting the head of investment strategy, you will play a key role in the formation and evolution of investment strategy views at Nutmeg. The delivery of above market net investment returns is critical to our mission to deliver a world class investment service to individuals with all levels of wealth.
You will be responsible for the creation of independent investment strategy views across a broad range of core asset classes, evolving both our strategic asset allocation design and dynamic cross-asset class investment views.
- You’ll play a key role in evolving our view formation and portfolio construction tools and processes, informing our approach through the provision of data led insights.
- Alongside contributing your own views, the role holder will be responsible for offering constructive challenge of team views, and the development of our asset allocation narrative.
- You will work in close collaboration with other senior investment professionals in the portfolio management of Nutmeg’s range of discretionary, active asset allocation investment portfolios, effectively implementing investment strategy views and managing risk.
- You will be a key communicator of our investment views to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- You will play a key role in shaping our future investment processes, helping us evolve and scale our investment proposition as we grow both in the UK and internationally.
- You will work closely with a range of client facing teams to provide investment support, to deliver ad-hoc project work and contribute to our product development initiatives.
We are looking for an experienced candidate with an authoritative voice, and enthusiasm for investment view formation. Attitude and aptitude are as important as experience – Nutmeg is a dynamic business where talented people who fit naturally with our culture can thrive. Alongside a passion for investment strategy, you’ll have:
- Financial market experience, predominately in a multi asset, asset allocation or investment strategy environment.
- Strong academic background in macroeconomics or a numerate degree, with good theoretical knowledge of financial markets, portfolio/asset allocation and economics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to contribute to external communications to a wide range of stakeholders.
- The ability to work independently, undertaking self-guided research projects and be eager to engage with all aspects of Nutmeg’s investment process.
- A capability to understand and present complex and technical material in an accessible form.
- A track record of being a team player, willing to impart as well as develop your knowledge.
- An ability to ‘think outside the box’ and to challenge status quo/consensus – both in terms of investment strategy and wider industry thinking.
- Financial Conduct Authority Level 4 RDR compliant qualification
You might also have:
- Experience in USD/EUR based asset allocation & portfolio management.
- Relevant experience in managing multi asset portfolios of third-party funds, in particular knowledge of ETF and index strategies.
- Strong quantitative skill set, including advanced Excel skills and ability to operate in a coding environment is an advantage, as is knowledge of ESG investment strategies and application in a multi asset context.
Source: for more information click here.