- The Capital Markets Strategy Group (CMSG) is the primary investment resource within FIAM
- It is tasked to provide independent analysis and insights into the capital markets to the Intermediary clients
- The role of the Investment Analyst is to provide general analytical support and to facilitate the production of intellectual content, including power point presentations and written commentaries
- Secondary mission of the role is to extract insights from the firm’s portfolio construction data in order to drive business growth and increase efficiency.
- Collaborate with the broader investment groups and be able to communicate and rationalize clearly specific recommendations for asset allocation
- Speaks primarily on capital markets topics and should have considerable knowledge on capital markets and individual funds within Fidelity’s vast array of investment products
- Demonstrates a keen awareness of how each of the portfolios are managed, and what the current thinking and positioning in the portfolio mean
- Expand our current analytic capabilities and design new tools and applications within a dynamic innovative distribution organization
- Develop visualizations to share analysis and insights across a large group of business users
- Lead our automation and integration efforts along with expansion of our tools and capabilities within the Intermediary channel.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of demonstrable experience in portfolio construction or investment research within a financial firm, or experience in an economics-focused group such as an economics think tank, governmental agency, or sell-side team
- Excellent quantitative and empirical research skills, as evidenced by an advanced degree in econometrics, statistics or other quantitative discipline
- CFA (or progress towards) strongly preferred
- Strong programming skills (Matlab, Python, SQL) and a deep understanding of the analysis and reduction of large data sets
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- The successful candidate must have the confidence and credibility to persuasively interact with colleagues, management, and clients
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required within 90 days of hire
- Comprehensive knowledge of Capital Markets, Investment Vehicles (e.g., mutual funds, ETFs, SMAs), and Asset Classes (e.g., fixed income, equities)
- Demonstrates strong investment acumen and strong communication skills
- Ability to analyze disparate sets of data and information in an effort to distill into usable insights.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 5-7 Years