- This role requires a person who demonstrates a strong grasp of company research, financial statement analysis, a sound understanding of economics and capital markets and a passion for investing
- You will work closely with the local team to leverage local expertise and global investment capabilities to deliver better investing outcomes to IM clients.
- Support the portfolio manager in the construction and management of portfolios based on Morningstar’s investment principles
- Perform asset allocation analysis to build asset allocations and calculate risk and return for models
- Perform capital markets fundamental research to assess the fair value of equity, bond and currency markets and assess their relative attractiveness following MIM’s process
- Monitor and research rules-based and active strategies, funds and ETFs including contributing to the buy list of funds and ETFs used to populate portfolios
- Participate in presenting research to the broader investment team and discussions with other team members covering the advantages and disadvantages of an investment strategy and process together with key risks
- Support the development of MIM’s direct equity strategies for EMEA clients, working in conjunction with the Morningstar Equity Research team and MIM regional direct equity specialists.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or economics (or related field); CFA Level 1 is preferred
- Detailed understanding of equity capital markets combined with broad knowledge of traditional finance, economics, investing and behavioral finance
- Comfortable working in a high performance team environment and the ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Impeccable character with high ethical and quality standards
- 2-5 years hands-on investment experience as an equity research analyst, preferably with coverage of either UK and European companies or major sectors represented in EMEA including financials, consumer staples, industrials and healthcare
- Comfortable working in a quantitative environment and have basic knowledge of investment tools such as Morningstar Direct.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 3-5 Years