The J.P. Morgan’s Global Index Research Group is expanding and is seeking to hire additional index strategists, researchers, sales professionals, product experts, and index analysts across various levels (from Analyst to Director). As the broader Index industry goes through substantial change we are working to make J.P. Morgan the number one provider of these products and a first call for clients. Individuals with prior experience in the Index space preferably with a track record in fixed income product marketing, research writing, and regularly delivering for clients under tight deadlines are encouraged to apply. You will be part of a new business growth initiative with opportunities to: cultivate expertise in fixed income asset class; sharpen client management skills and develop your own client base; publish research; and establish a brand as a leading index analyst in the market.
- This is a front-office research role that requires the individual to demonstrate a combination of skills ranging from relationship management and communication, to analytical problem solving and teamwork
- We are a dynamic, diverse team of professionals with a fantastic entrepreneurial culture
- The role requires foresight to anticipate client needs, meticulous time management, developing new research ideas, and managing expectations around delivery and product coverage
- This role involves a firm understanding of fixed income analytics, bond math and index construction, as well as liaising with various internal teams
- Experience with portfolio construction or fixed income strategy type roles is a plus
- Developing, understanding, and marketing, feasibility studies and scenario analysis to test the viability of new products (such as Smart Beta) and tail risk scenarios
- This would involve developing and analysing index research and strategy
- The team manages thousands of indices that cover global markets primarily in the fixed income space. This role requires deep understanding of the product (rules, bonds, market structure, macroeconomics etc.) and oversight of the product to maintain product dependability and applicability
- The candidate would work with both internal and external clients to educate them on structural and tactical changes in the index products and the associated implications for the relevant markets resulting from these changes
- Core part of this role is ensuring all products are efficient and aligned with the technical framework. Core aspect of the role is relationship management by way of internal stakeholders and market participants informed of the Index-related market events and implications
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 7-years’ experience. Prior index experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related field. Experience in Indexing space (benchmarks or strategy) is preferred
- Quantitative or technology related work experience in financial services is a plus
- In depth understanding of fixed income concepts and bond math
- Tracking and understanding impact of market activity – new issuance, price volatility
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Idea generation and writing index research publications
- Understanding of data science techniques, analytical skills and familiarity with building and maintaining financial models.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 7-10 Years