Do you have a genuine interest in Index investments? Are you highly numerical, with strong analytical and presentation skills? We are looking for someone like that to work alongside the Index portfolio managers on index research and analysis, performance enhancement, support our existing clients with investment/portfolio queries, and help grow the business through creating new client-specific and generic index research content/white papers
- You will be working in the Systematic & Index Investments Team in London, part of UBS Asset Management, a business division of UBS
- We are responsible for managing quantitative, systematic and rules-driven strategies including alternative beta and traditional indexing
- Our product offering includes; ETFs, synthetic equity index funds, structured funds, commodity strategies (including precious metals) and multi-asset funds
- Work on index research and analysis, including building and maintaining large datasets for analyzing index patterns
- Help provide responses to ongoing and ad-hoc technical queries
- Contribute to white papers and research notes on index topics authored by the UBS indexing team
- Complete the technical investment content required for all Request for Proposal, liaising with the PMs, and working closely with the Investment Specialists and the RFP team to deliver high quality submissions for new business
- Assist with index analysis inputs for new business pitches, with specific focus on developing new contents and research ideas
- Update, maintain and create index analysis inputs for marketing materials and data submissions for consultant databases
Skills and Qualifications:
- A very strong academic background with excellent numerical, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Relevant analytical and technical experience gained either on the sell-side or on the buy-side, and a working knowledge of indexing / index methodologies desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact with other areas of the business Portfolio Managers, Analysts, RFPs team, CRMs, Consultant Relations team, etc.
- able to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, highly organised, with meticulous attention to detail and hands-on approach
- Able to work accurately and efficiently with large index datasets and databases
- An advanced user of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); familiar with Bloomberg and other financial data sources
- Progressing towards CFA designation (desirable) or are already CFA qualified.
Source: for more information click here.