Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company offers an extensive line of products and services for individual investors, financial advisors, asset managers, retirement plan providers and sponsors, and institutional investors in the private capital markets.
- The Head of Market Data will be based in the UK lead the real-time business globally
- With approx. 120 staff across multiple locations in Europe, the US and Asia, the Realtime business is growing at 20%+ per annum and has not only a direct client base including many household names but is also one of the largest internal supply chains within Morningstar.
- High Speed, high volume, low latency binary streaming feeds
- Web Services – an extremely rich simple to use client delivery system, including both request response and push data, using industry standard protocols and methodologies
- File bases services including a 1PB tick data storage system with 12 years of history
The team consists of 6 key areas:
- TechOps – this group is responsible for both the 24*7 operations teams and the Server & Networks Teams
- Development – This group is responsible for both feed and product development
- Database – this group is responsible for ensuring non-exchange delivered data is updated correctly
- Compliance – this group is responsible for ensuing Morningstar is compliant with all exchange contracts and that data is not supplied to clients who do not have the appropriate exchange license agreements in place
- Client Services – this group is responsible for working with the sales teams in a pre-sales capacity, managing the deployments/rollouts to clients and on-going client support
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Degree and a minimum of 15 market data experience
- Experience dealing with exchanges
- A full range of commercial and technology competencies
- Experience rolling out complex processes for operational efficiencies
- Enjoys a high stress ‘always on’ environment
- Experience working with compliance and legal teams
- Success at leading change to transform teams, technology and products to create business value
- Experience operating as a key member of executive leadership groups
- International experience – including working with offshore development centers.
Source: for more information click here.