- The Head of Index Marketing will be responsible for leading and driving innovation for MSCI’s portfolio of industry-leading Indexes, developing and communicating the company’s global Index vision and strategy effectively
- This position plays a leadership role in driving growth for MSCI’s Index business and the firm by and leveraging MSCI’s capabilities in Analytics, ESG, Factors and Real Estate
- The ideal candidate will be a global powerhouse focusing on positioning and differentiation, taking responsibility for defining, planning and creative service-line messaging and tools to position MSCI’s Index capabilities as innovative and industry-leading solutions
- His / her core focus will be the differentiation of global initiatives through incisive marketing for increased uptake and ultimately market share and profitability through lead generation, upsell and cross-sell strategies
- Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing based in NY, this individual will be joining an organization that is growing at an extraordinary pace driven by product innovation and expansion of client use cases with impressive global marketing, commercial and sales teams
- He / she will partner with the Global Head of Index Product and the Regional Index Products Heads based in New York, London and Hong Kong
- Critical to the individual’s success is the ability to work across Marketing (within Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, Content Marketing and Sales Enablement) and the Research, Commercial and Client Service teams.
- Create, review and update the global index marketing strategy, specific positioning, messaging, content and sales tools that help to qualify and differentiate offers
- Work with client-facing teams and subject-matter experts to ensure client-feedback, investment insights and responses to sales objections are considered in our client and outcome-focused marketing materials
- Collect and analyze feedback from across the businesses on the usage of sales tools, identifying which are most effective and agree how to develop them further with stakeholders
- Provide information with which to understand the attributes and needs of key client segments, use cases and develops ways to reach each segment with the right value proposition
- Develop and manage marketing plans to stimulate ongoing revenue growth and to support special events and initiatives, such as new launches
- Produce meaningful metrics for the Index business and offer fact-based insights to help guide strategies for brand positioning, client retention and development, pricing, innovation, industry partnerships, and cost-effective methods for attracting new businesses to the firm
- Direct the work of marketing team members to ensure that it is on-target and meets quality standards
- This work includes:Industry and client research, Competitive intelligence gathering, Message development, Media outreach, Advertising
- Content development for the website, sales presentations, marketing collateral and RFP responses
- Marketing of thought capital (papers, videos, speaking engagements, etc.)
- Work with marketing managers for key clients, such as iShares, ETF issuers and exchanges, on joint marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with sales, Consulting and Client Service teams around the world to identify marketing challenges and opportunities and find productive ways to address them
- Work with the Head of Product Marketing and the Finance team to build and manage marketing budgets.
- Strategic thinker, with highly developed critical thinking/analytical skills; ability to evaluate business challenges and develop solutions to deliver profitable business growth
- Adaptable and able to work in a changing, matrix work environment
- Experience in marketing to both institutions (pension funds, asset managers, hedge funds, brokers, insurance companies, banks) and financial advisors
- Deep understanding of the audiences across the investment ecosystem/value chain. Knowledge of ETFs and Indexes is preferred
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to executives and a variety of audiences, translating complex initiatives into materials and products that effectively communicate core values and goals
- Ability to give concise, compelling verbal presentations to senior decision-makers, and to respond quickly and thoughtfully to challenges and pushback in a meeting
- Ability to handle significant workload with strong project management skills to meet aggressive deadlines
- Must have an operational ability to effectively perform at all levels of the business with a proven track-record of excellence in engaging and building relationships with executive-level clients
- Previous success in a similar position at an organization(s) renowned for Marketing and Sales excellence
- Experience in agency management and building digital marketing strategies and campaigns
- Organized, detail-oriented and capable of advancing projects simultaneously.
Source: for more information click here.