- Manage and coordinate regional equity advisory teams in Hong Kong and Singapore on day-to-day client services and equity idea generations
- Guarantee best quality of investment ideas / desk notes / recommended lists / publications
- Manage and monitor Asia IS base and ensure optimum equity coverage according to client needs in Asia
- Revamp together with HO the global IS base content to fulfil the Asian requirement
- Contribute actively to investment committees and internal presentations
- Regularly meet and speak to active and large clients
- When relevant and required: participate in conferences / speak to the press and in social networks
- Comply with equity research due diligence and recommendation procedures in line with WM charter, relevant policies and procedures and local regulations
- Review and validate investment ideas / research generated from the team
- Conduct staff appraisal and performance review
- Handle regulatory, permanent control, and compliance enquiries.
- Equity Advisory role (self and team)
- Formulate global equity and ETFs investment strategies and construct recommendation lists based on different thematic and investment strategies in line with CIO view
- Actively promote both cash equity and equity derivative ideas to achieve annual revenue targets
- Regularly broadcast actionable investment ideas and views / alerts when necessary
- Ensure market overviews are completed every day before 9am
- Contribute to each weekly Investment Assembly
- Coordinate the participation to Market Meetings when required and necessary
- Contribute on a daily basis to Top Ideas in Asia Investment Toolbox
- Meet regularly with external Equity Research providers for product strategy and stock selections.
- Work with Chief Investment Advisor Network to formulate macro, sector, and asset allocation strategies
- Work with equity research team in Europe to manage internal database and research validations.
- Work with mutual funds advisory team in Europe to manage and formulate ETF selection criterions and conduct regular reviews
- Conduct data mining analysis to identify research gaps versus demand
- Participate actively in Weekly Investment Committee with up-to-date investment ideas / market intelligence
- Contribute to EQD investment strategy and ides generation
- Work with KCG and IBA on cornerstone investment in IPOs / private placements
- Client Servicing
- Meet relevant clients at FO request to present global investment strategy / stock ideas
- Contribute to investment recommendations and presentations to relevant clients at FO request
- Handle daily ad-hoc request from RMs / clients when relevant
- Conduct regular presentations / internal training to RMs and ICs.
- Organize investment presentations by other 3rd-party fund houses / research providers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Follow the general guidelines of the Bank and Management policies
- Inform and escalate issues to management regarding irregularities and incidents.
- Maintain proper audit trails
- Excellent knowledge on global equity markets
- Data-mining, financial modeling, experiences in managing buy-side / sell-side equity research teams.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 7-10 Years