As one of the largest independent global investment managers, Invesco Ltd. is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. With more than 740 dedicated investment professionals worldwide and an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries, Invesco has the global capability to deliver company‘s best ideas to investors around the world. Company’s “investors first” approach is built on:
-Commitment to investment excellence. High-quality results begin with specialized insight and disciplined oversight.
-Depth of investment capabilities. Firm‘s wide range of investment capabilities is designed to support a variety of financial objectives.
-Organizational strength. As an independent firm, firm‘s global organization is solely focused on investment management.
- The Fixed Income Product Strategist will monitor the macro investment/market environment and develop timely sales ideas to address changing market conditions
- This individual, in working with the Director of Fixed Income Product Strategy, will be an expert in the assigned products and category, and is responsible for developing the research content and distribution strategy for the assigned product suite
- The individual will utilize a client-focused approach to communicate product strategy to effectively position and market assigned products.
- Monitor macro market conditions and develop ideas to drive sales focus (25%)
- Stay abreast and keep the sales force informed of developments in the financial markets at the macro level and monitor investment performance of the broader markets/asset classes/assigned product suite
- Work with Research to generate tactical product ideas as well as strategic investment themes that help drive sales focus
- Develop expertise in specific products and category (75%)
- Develop product-specific research
- Serve as content expert to maintain integrity/consistency of product messaging in all written, web-based, and verbal communications regarding assigned suite of products
- Provide timely product support and expertise for the Sales team, including education around how products should be positioned, managed and how marketing materials can be used most effectively
- Serve as a primary resource for product-specific requests to provide consistent and reliable product information
- Develop and execute product-specific distribution strategy
- Define client channels to reach for each major product family
- Together as part of the Fixed Income Product Strategy Team, serve as the “voice” for the products with internal and external parties
- Support Sales by participating in client-facing meetings and conference calls to provide expertise and insight related to assigned coverage area
- Conduct product presentations at PowerShares-sponsored events, industry panels and webcasts as required
- Strengthen media relationship to increase product visibility
- Coordinate with Marketing on product-specific advertising
- Support new product launch process
- Provide product training to the sales force for assigned products and assist with product training and positioning for new hires
- Participate in product development efforts to identify new product opportunities as well as assess existing product line to identify opportunities for enhancement.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 4 years of investment management and/or research experience required
- Ability to formulate views on the U.S. and global fixed income markets and generate tactical ideas to facilitate product positioning
- Previous experience or solid understanding of fixed income investment research strongly preferred
- Prior experience working in the ETP business, with demonstrated expertise working in product strategy/management will be considered
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment concepts, styles and issues; must be able to communicate effectively on investment issues
- Good knowledge of investment vehicles and product structures
- Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Strong written communication and oral presentation skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with all departments and organizational levels
- Self-directed; must be comfortable with establishing objectives, then working independently to achieve them, seeking manager’s input as needed
- Skilled, experienced presenter – must be effective representing the firm at corporate, client, and industry functions in front of large audiences
- Ability to travel
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or related discipline required
- CFA and/or MBA preferred.
Source: for more information click here.