IHS Markit is a global leader in information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. Firm‘s company partners with clients in business, finance and government to help them see the big picture with unrivaled insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions.
- IHS Markit is looking for a junior analyst/graduate with quantitative/investment background
- The focus of the role is to support the development of new Markit and bespoke indices for clients, focusing on leveraging assets available to IHS Markit and creating innovative products
- The role encompasses the full lifecycle of index product development, from market research, prototyping, client validation, product development, and coordination with other internal teams to ensure successful product launch
- The individual will be part of a team that creates intellectual capital for IHS Markit and have ownership and responsibility of the index design process.
- Support the development of new benchmark and tradable bond indices in conjunction with key index stakeholders
- Undertake analysis of markets and data collection and conduct scenario analysis for the research and development of new index methodologies
- Extensive modelling of index methodologies in order to produce index constituent list and weights, and to back-test results
- Attend client meetings and conference calls with salespeople to present the current thoughts and ideas of Markit Indices and to understand and manage client requirements
- Writing of index specification guides
- Index setup and calculation: develop calculation prototypes and test cases for new indices; perform test calculations and reconciliation of the results with clients
- Quality control: daily checks and testing of index calculation and output files around the release of new indices
- Business competencies.
Skills and Qualifications:
Education And Experience
- Solid quantitative background from top schools with strong academic record.
- Programming skills in scripting language (VBA or Python), database query (SQL) and statistics software packages (R or Matlab).
- Knowledge of the fixed income, especially bond market
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities and modelling.
- Understanding of other asset classes including equities, FX and derivatives is an advantage
- A high degree of awareness of the financial/resource implications of index design decisions is required.
- A keen interest in the developments and trends within financial markets in areas such as fixed income, asset management and ETFs.
- Management Requirements
- Highly motivated and eager to take the initiative and assume full responsibility for the delivery of projects.
- Creative and being able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Intellectually curious, open minded and being able to solve complex problems logically.
- Willing to collaborate with and support colleagues within the global Index Research and Design team and contribute regularly to group discussions.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail, focusing on the quality of projects.
- Critical for the candidate to present new ideas succinctly and clearly as well as drill into the technical details of index construction
- Needs to be articulate and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and business people with varying expertise
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other index and product specialists within the many IHS Markit businesses.
Source: for more information click here.