State Street partners with institutional investors all over the world to provide comprehensive financial services, including investment management, investment research and trading, and investment servicing.
- The Vice President of Finance will be the leader responsible for analyzing SSGA financial and business results
- This role incorporates several key areas; responsible for all SSGA Global ETFs EMEA/APAC financial reporting (across non-US regions, businesses, channels; across scenarios, actuals, budget, forecast, prior year), and development of key analytics for executive management (both at the senior management and SSGA executive management levels).
The Global ETFs EMEA/APAC Vice President of Finance role will be the development, production and oversight of the financial reporting process and the related analysis including:
- Lead all reporting/supporting efforts supporting SSGA Global ETFs EMEA/APAC, and Accounting and other groups
- Development of financial analytics models and standard commentary platforms for Global ETFs EMEA/APAC including profitability models at client and fund level
- Create a process and analytics to manage fund expenses
- Prepare Global ETFs EMEA/APAC for monthly forecast, independently assess feasibility of financial results and collaborate on the optimal projection
- Supervise and training India Team (Bangalore) in consolidation and production of majority of analytics, reconciliation and incentive processes
- Market competiveness metrics included where appropriate
- Developing process controls and checks to ensure accuracy of model results, and maintain hierarchy
- Support internal governing groups that determine and approves all non-standard pricing agreements. This would entail developing customized IRR-type tools for proper business and economic evaluation
- Leverage cognos finance owned data warehouse (revenue, sales, AUM), etc) application in development of superior analysis and reporting to drive business opportunities
- Contribute in development of data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Spotfire, output – heatmaps) tools for Senior Management.
- Prepare annual operating plan coordination and development of targets by region, channel, and product
- Build a 3 year strategic plan and operating plan model with your counterparty in the U.S. for one consolidated model, flexible to easily change assumption and produce a cash flow and profit and loss statement
- Collaboration with Finance product profitability unit (CAPS), in order to fully maximize channel, client and product profitability tool
- Compiles ad-hoc reporting and completes special projects as assigned
- Assists SSGA Finance in building a culture of continuous improvement – critically examines and assesses reporting practices and suggests improvements wherever necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in accounting, finance or business analysis, preferably in financial services
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Progress towards completing an MBA or CFA preferred
- Background in financial controls and processes preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interact with senior levels
- Advanced model development and application of financial metrics (i.e. NPV, IRR, etc)
- Exhibits an exceptional standard of quality which includes attention to detail, organization, superior analysis and problem solving and accountability for excellent results
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
- Candidate needs to be a strong team player, self-starter who approaches work enthusiastically, demonstrates initiative and has the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience operating in an offshore/onshore team a plus
- Experience with Khalix, Cognos, Oracle and Essbase a plus
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; advanced Excel analysis skills (i.e. Vlookup, Pivot Tables, advanced graphing etc.), ACCESS and PowerPoint skills are required to succeed in the role.
Source: for more information click here.