- Franklin Templeton launched its first ETFs in Europe back in 2017 focusing on Smart Beta strategies initially but also looking at Active ETFs and plain-vanilla building blocks to give investors a panel of solutions depending on their objectives
- This is a new initiative for our business which is deeply committed to make it a success
- This is a newly created position based in London focusing on leveraging our existing relationships at Franklin to sell our ETF proposition but also to identify pure ETF buyers
- The ETF Sales Specialist will work very closely with the existing Sales Team on the ground in the UK and will report into the Head of ETF Sales EMEA.
- Being the ambassador of our ETF business in the UK, Channel Islands and Ireland
- Defining initial target segment and prospects working closely with the existing Sales Team
- Building strong relationships with the existing Sales Teams in the UK office ensuring smooth communication about any aspect of our ETF business
- Initiating and managing relationships with prospects and relevant segment intermediaries in conjunction with the existing Sales Teams
- Hosting and attending meetings with prospects and supporting the management of all aspects of opportunity and prospect qualification process with the existing Sales Teams
- Maintaining and ensuring a high degree of accuracy of prospect information and sales activity on the CRM system
- Defining which industry events and in-house ones would support the ETF initiative in your local market
- Attend and represent the firm at those chosen events
- Ensuring full compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that channels of communication are open between the various teams: products, sales, marketing, capital markets in the various geographies
- Build awareness around our ETF initiative both internally by training existing team and externally by building our profile with clients, journalists and at industry events
- Demonstrate initiative in the effort to develop and improve sales and marketing materials (i.e. pitch books, presentations and other sales materials).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree ideally within the field of Finance and/or economics or equivalent work experience
- Relevant experience in the ETF field required
- Ideally CFA or equivalent qualification
- Strong understanding of the financial market in the UK, preferably on the following segments (Asset Managers, Family Offices, Banks, Discretionary Managers, Insurance Companies…)
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of consultative selling skills and an ability to work alongside existing Sales Teams
- Good working knowledge of the investment industry and investment management techniques
- Desire and ability to network and leverage opportunities within market
- Ability to navigate complex organizations on multi levels/geographies and build internal networks
- Results focused and a self-starter
- Strong team player with the ability to use own initiative.
Source: for more information click here.