- SIG is looking to expand its sales operation in order to interact with a larger number of European buy-side entities actively trading in ETFs and options. The role will have a regional focus in Europe, concentrating on one of a number of regions, broadly defined by the language used in that region
- As a SIG Sales Associate you will be expected to seek out potential new counterparties through a variety of means and develop those openings into actively trading clients. Assisting to maintain the client relationships will also be a key part of the role. The role will involve a significant amount of travel to visit existing and prospective counterparties as well as to attend selected industry events
- As well as increasing trading flow from clients, you will be expected to enhance the brand and reputation of SIG as a market leader through outstanding product knowledge and a thorough understanding of trading ETFs and/or options
- The sales project is a new venture for SIG and as such is an exciting opportunity for a successful candidate to be part of a project from the beginning.
- Prospecting for new clients via market research, cold calling and networking.
- Leveraging existing relationships with issuers, clients and other market colleagues to generate new leads
- Organising meeting with prospective clients and delivering a sales pitch
- ‘Closing’ sales leads, developing them into trading counterparties.
- Working closely with the internal SIG sales trading team and market makers to promote our trading expertise to counterparts
- Attending conferences and other marketing events to promote our market making service and the SIG brand
- Traveling in Europe to visit potential new counterparties and maintain existing counterparty relationships
- Finding new avenues for sales growth in the market.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in a similar client facing role
- ETF and/or options product knowledge preferable
- Efficient, organised approach to building a client base
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An effective communicator and strong team player
- Resourceful in solving problems
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- An additional European language is desirable.
Source: for more information click here.