Your team responsibilities
The ETF Client Relationship Manager role is within MSCI’s Index Product Licensing Team and part of the broader Americas Client Coverage Team. The position blends aspects of relationship management and business development, including index licensing for product creation to grow the business and deliver solutions to clients.
Individuals in this position are responsible for developing and managing day-to-day relationships with key clients and prospects, specifically, asset managers that utilize MSCI indexes as the basis for ETFs or other indexed products.
Engagement and collaboration across client organizations, including in a strategic capacity and at senior levels (e.g., C-suite, Head of Product, Head of Distribution, Head of Research) is central to this role.
Further, day-to-day responsibilities will include market and client research, index analysis, presentation preparation and delivery, opportunity management and external education on MSCI’s value proposition and solutions.
Individuals in this position will interact and collaborate across teams at MSCI, including Client Coverage, Index Product, Research, Marketing, Legal and Finance. We are open to this role being in New York OR Boston OR Toronto OR Chicago .
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect…
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization’s leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your key responsibilities
- Further develop ETF and indexed product client relationships by engaging contacts across product, research, portfolio management, distribution, marketing and other applicable areas
- Identify and analyze new opportunities with a solid understanding of MSCI’s strategic areas of priority
- Frequent, systematic meetings with existing and prospective clients in order to stay abreast of client strategies, initiatives, tactics and product priorities
- Present MSCI indexes and solutions to existing and prospective clients to build a pipeline for MSCI index-linked products
- Represent the organization and identify use cases and new opportunities for MSCI to further support a client or prospect with services, data and tools that will help them
- achieve their goal
- Prepare presentations for client meetings, client sales team trainings and product launches
- Collaborate and coordinate with other MSCI teams on opportunities and project
- Regularly communicate and document all client and prospect activity
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Undergraduate degree required; Finance or Economics degree preferred
- MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred
- Superior relationship management skills with a proven track record of accomplishment including minimum 5 -7 years in a sales/business development and
- relationship management role
- Minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience within the financial services industry
- Broad knowledge of the financial markets and investment management process
- Experience within the ETF ecosystem and with ETFs, as well as strong knowledge of other investment products and indexed investing
- Highly motivated and execution focused with the ability to work in a collaborative team structure
- Exceptional communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and manage the details within a fast-paced environment
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
Source: for more information click here.