Northern Trust Asset Management (“NTAM”) is the sponsor and investment manager of FlexShares®, a line of 31 US-listed exchange-traded funds (“ETFs”) with approximately $18.5 billion in AUM across a variety of alternatively weighted index and actively managed investment strategies. NTAM’s FlexShares business enjoys broad-based corporate support from a leading Chicago-based financial services company and currently ranks 19th among sponsors of US-domiciled ETFs.
NTAM’s Funds and Managed Accounts Group (“FMAG”) seeks an ETF Product Manager with knowledge and experience concerning the operations and administration of registered funds (especially, ETFs). This position shares responsibility for supporting and managing the operations of FlexShares ETFs across all of the functionally defined departments within NTAM and various external service vendors. In addition, ETF Product Manager assists in assessing, developing and implementing measures to strengthen and extend the FlexShares product line, consistent with NTAM’s investment expertise, market conditions, the FlexShares brand and NTAM’s strategic objectives. Additional duties include support of fund governance, business analysis and reporting, and select special projects. Occasional travel within the United States may be required (< 5%).
- Monitoring and management of external and internal service providers as necessary to ensure orderly and effective product outcomes, consistent with product objectives, formal policies and procedures
- Participate in product development and management processes to sustain collaborative engagement among all key stakeholders (e.g., ETF Investment Strategy, Portfolio Managers, Sales, Marketing, Fund Counsel, Legal, Compliance, Finance, etc.)
- Risk management, including adherence to escalation policies regarding the identification, reporting, resolution and remediation of operating errors or issues occurring among external or internal service providers (e.g., Portfolio Management, Compliance, Middle-Office, etc.)
- Management of Fund Governance / support of the FlexShares Board of Trustees
- Select special projects
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A practical and technically-informed understanding of US-registered funds, investment strategies, product operations and capital-market dependencies (knowledge about ETFs is especially valued but not required).
- Awareness of the ETF industry’s arc of evolution and curiosity about its future development path.
- Working knowledge of fund accounting, fund administration, custody, middle-office, and compliance functions
- An understanding of ’40 Act regulatory requirements, including financial and regulatory reporting requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Relationship management skills
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, comfortable working with large data sets. Familiarity with databases and/or Bloomberg and/or Morningstar Direct a plus but not a requirement
- 4-6 years of experience with US-registered-fund product management and/or product operations (including fund accounting, custody, transfer agency, fund administration or middle office)
Source: for more information click here