Who we are looking for
We are looking for a product developer to build new and manage existing SPDR ETFs for State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) in Asia Pacific. You will join a diversified team of ETF and product professionals, looking to grow the SPDR ETF business and bring market-leading solutions to our clients.
We will ask you to work across the four key pillars of Product: strategy, structuring and build, range management and advocacy. You will need to collaborate with colleagues in senior management, sales, investment and other teams from across the organization.
The role requires energy, excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; we want you to develop a deep understanding of the needs of clients, the opportunities in the market and how best to respond to both with SSGA’s investment capabilities
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As ETF Product Developer you will
- Construct indices and structure SPDR ETFs in Asia Pacific: idea generation, investment strategy, regulatory and tax implications, operations, implementation and advocacy as the product specialist.
- Develop business cases, design product features, own the governance process and co-ordinate launches. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders throughout this process.
- Conduct business analysis and manage a range of ETF product related projects in varying sizes.
- Contribute to product strategy by supplying market research, competitive information and business metrics to identify trends and opportunities.
- Proactively look after the existing range of ETFs; analyse and propose changes to their pricing, positioning and operating models to ensure the products remain competitive.
- Build strong, positive relationships with key external and internal clients.
- Manage risk effectively by acknowledging, understanding, mitigating and/or eliminating it. Understand how important the effective management of risk is to SSGA and SPDR ETFs and how excellence in governance can lead to better products.
- Think global: consider the impacts on the other regions and proactively engage or share information with others to drive success globally.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- A good problem solver and trouble-shooter, with the ability to identify and analyse issues, and the energy to solve them
- Excellent in using tools such as Excel, Bloomberg and Morningstar
- A great relationship-builder, across all levels of seniority and all types of teamSolution oriented mindset
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years’ related experience, either in the capacity of product development, project management, business analysis, capital markets, index provider, portfolio management or fund operations
- Knowledge of the investment markets of Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore & Japan as it relates to product development and management
- Previous experience with ETFs is preferred but not mandatory.
Source: for more information click here.