Reporting into the Co-Head of ETF Portfolio Management & Operations our Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) team are looking for an ‘ETF Portfolio Manager’ to support the continued growth of our ETF platform. The team are launching new funds in 2022 so this is an exciting time to join us.
You’ll have prior experience of managing passive funds either as a PM or Assistant PM and will be interested to join a small, but highly motivated team within one of Europe’s largest asset managers.
What you’ll be doing
- Portfolio management of physical ETFs (fully replicated and optimised), which involves monitoring exposures and tracking the risk of physical ETFs
- Fund performance monitoring, NAV reconciliation and attribution, and managing corporate actions and reinvestment
- Preparing rebalances calculations and providing index change analysis
- Trading underlying physical equity execute orders and liaising with brokers. Ensuring appropriate trade execution and settlements with authorised participants
- Portfolio management of synthetic ETFs (unfunded swap model), involving placing swap trades and helping to facilitate settlement, placing repo trades and other cash management, and ensuring portfolio composite file accuracy and timeliness
- Reporting on behalf of the Investment Manager to Risk and Compliance, producing risk and performance reports
- Building bespoke tools for portfolio management, including daily analysis, risk monitoring, order execution. Improving existing solutions with aims to increase reliability and scalability in response to demands of the growing platform
- Liaising with Capital Markets to provide relevant information to APs, market makers and clients
- Prior experience as an Index Portfolio Manager or Assistant Portfolio Manager
- Previous experience in managing physical equity portfolios required
- An understanding of how indices work and are calculated
- An understanding of how ETFs are traded across the primary/secondary market
- An understanding of ETF’s and the various replication models by which they carry out their investment objective from synthetic to physical replication
- An understanding of UCITS regulations and guidance notes with respect to the management of the assets of ETF funds
- Further qualifications (IMC,CFA,CAIA) advantageous
- Advanced Excel user (VBA preferred)
- Knowledge of Bloomberg
Source: for more information click here.